Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Griese out 6-8 weeks

Featured Replies

Miami backup quarterback Brian Griese, rehabilitating from ligament damage to the big toe on his left foot, has been apprised by two foot specialists that he could miss six to eight weeks, ESPN.com has learned Tuesday.

 

Team officials said the injury is being re-evaluated on a week-to-week basis. They have declined to set a definitive timetable for Griese's return.

 

"In the grand scheme of things, I don't want to do anything stupid and jeopardize the entire season, because I've been through that before," Griese said. "I do understand how long the season is, and that we do have a lot of important games down the stretch. I want to be able to help the team in some way, some form, at that point."

 

Griese's left foot remains in a walking boot and progress has been slow. He has yet to be able to place much weight on the foot.

 

Griese was injured three plays into the second half of the Aug. 22 preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons, when he stubbed his toe while rolling out to escape a pass rush.

 

"I heard it pop,'' Griese said after the game. "Thankfully, nothing was torn. It could have been a lot worse.''

 

With Griese's injury, Miami is one of seven NFL teams carrying only two healthy quarterbacks on their active roster.

 

espn.com

I heard about it this morning. At this point, w/e.

Sage has outplayed Griese anyway...

I remember Sage from his Iowa State and Redskins days. From what I saw if someone ever gives him a chance he will turn some heads.

w/e fiedlers the man anyway!!!!

 

the only way griese will come in is if the fins are whooping there opponents!!!

 

so who cares, he wouldnt have played in those 6-8 weeks anyway

the phins will lose to the texans...

Huh have you seen the Texans offensive line? Unless it's a low scoring game I don't see the Texans winning this game. Go Skins!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.