Question about yesterday's game

FRZfishfan

This quote is from today's Herald:

"But Ramirez also lost a routine pop fly in the afternoon sun Wednesday, allowing it to drop for a single. Ramirez wasn't wearing sunglasses at the time. But he was when he took the field the next inning."

Can somebody explain why that was not ruled an error? I was there and he apparently called for the ball because Uggla cleared out for him. That ball was routine and was allowed to drop. In my book that's an error. Anybody see something I didn't?

News to me. I though that if a ball dropped within 3 feet of where you are standing still it would have to be an error.

An error shall be charged for each misplay (fumble, muff or wild throw) which prolongs the time at bat of a batter or which prolongs the life of a runner, or which permits a runner to advance one or more bases. NOTE (1) Slow handling of the ball which does not involve mechanical misplay shall not be construed as an error. NOTE (2) It is not necessary that the fielder touch the ball to be charged with an error. If a ground ball goes through a fielder's legs or a pop fly falls untouched and in the scorer's judgment the fielder could have handled the ball with ordinary effort, an error shall be charged.