McCann Brothers United In Jupiter

butchy

05/09/2006 8:02 PM ET

McCann brothers united in Jupiter

Braves catcher watches Hammerheads first baseman

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- The McCann brothers were united on Monday night in Jupiter, Fla.

Braves catcher Brian McCann is the brother of Marlins prospect Brad McCann. Since the Braves and Marlins were off Monday, Brian traveled to Jupiter to watch Brad play for the Class A Advanced Jupiter Hammerheads.

Afterward, the two went to dinner before spending time at Brad's apartment.

"It's the second time I've seen him play pro ball since he signed," Brian said on Tuesday. "Anytime I can see him play makes my day."

Best friends, the McCann brothers are roommates in the Atlanta area during the offseason. The Duluth, Ga., natives live about 10 minutes from their parents.

"We talk once or twice a day," said Brian. "We check up on each other. We're best friends. I know what's going on, always. He knows what's going on with me, always."

Brian looks forward to the day when they face each other in a big-league game.

"It's going to be awesome," he said. "There is no doubt he is going to be in the big leagues. He has an unbelievable swing. It's going to be awesome."

Brad, a first baseman, was the Marlins' organizational player of the year in 2005. Then, with low Class A Greensboro, he hit .295, with 28 home runs and 106 RBIs.

Right now he is struggling, though, hitting .214 with three home runs and 15 RBIs.

"He's going to get on track here shortly," said Brian. "He's struggling a little bit. It's a long season. By the end of the year, his numbers will be there."

Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.