Chara signs with the Bruins

Accord

Guest FishFanInPA

Boston signed the biggest name out there, Zdeno Chara. Toronto scooped up Pavel Kubina and Hal Gill. Phoenix landed Ed Jovanovski. Jay McKee signed in St. Louis.

And the Flyers?

While other teams were shopping at Neiman Marcus Saturday, the Flyers were picking up red-tag specials at Target. They got two defensemen, but they went the cheaper route with a couple of lesser players, signing Nolan Baumgartner from Vancouver and Swedish prospect Lars Jonsson, a 24-year-old former first-round pick of the Bruins in 2000 (seventh overall) who never signed an NHL contract.

ps......the Flyers also offered a deal to Anson Carter as well.

Boston signed the biggest name out there, Zdeno Chara. Toronto scooped up Pavel Kubina and Hal Gill. Phoenix landed Ed Jovanovski. Jay McKee signed in St. Louis.

And the Flyers?

While other teams were shopping at Neiman Marcus Saturday, the Flyers were picking up red-tag specials at Target. They got two defensemen, but they went the cheaper route with a couple of lesser players, signing Nolan Baumgartner from Vancouver and Swedish prospect Lars Jonsson, a 24-year-old former first-round pick of the Bruins in 2000 (seventh overall) who never signed an NHL contract.

:lol great post.

Guest FishFanInPA

I really hope he turns them down. Anson Carter is one of my favorite players in the league and the Flyers are my least favorite team.

astute analysis.