White Sox acquire Mike MacDougal

ultimopain

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago White Sox acquired right-handed reliever Mike MacDougal from the Kansas City Royals on Monday for minor league pitchers Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes.

An All-Star in 2003, MacDougal was activated from the disabled list on July 13 after straining his right shoulder during spring training. He is 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA and a save in four appearances.

The 29-year-old MacDougal was 21-for-25 in save situations last season.

Lumsden was 9-4 with a 2.69 ERA in 20 starts for Double-A Birmingham. Cortes was 3-9 with a 4.01 ERA and 96 strikeouts in 20 games (19 starts) with Single-A Kannapolis.

Link

I don't really know those White Sox prospects but judging from those figures (at least for the first guy) that seems like a lot to give up for MacDougal...

I don't really know those White Sox prospects but judging from those figures (at least for the first guy) that seems like a lot to give up for MacDougal...

I still can't believe the Royals gave him up. He had just come off of DL after rehabing in the minors. While he was gone, Burgos was terrible in the closer role.

I'm curious to see what they're going to do now about a closer.