Pelicans Game

Markickass21

Hey just saw a Pelicans game about a week back thought i'd talk about what I saw in the Braves system.

For Myrtle Beach it was James Parr taking the hill. 20-21 years old and doing well at single A is a pretty good combination for success. unfortunately it didn't work out that way for him. Looked like he was a let-them-hit-it kind of pitcher. His fastball was good with occasional sinking action and his curve seemed raw but promising. When he left his fastball up the zone he was creamed. They went deep multiple times off him in the game. After he had already given up 4 runs, he started to use a changeup, which looked like his best pitch. Nobody could hit it. He struck out the next 2 batters to get out of the inning, all on changeups.

On the offensive end Kala Kal'ahue looked impressive, going 3 for 3 with two moonshots and a single. He's a big guy looks like he has potential to hit some jacks at the major league level. Van Pope also went deep. He was great on the defensive end at third base and had a very nice stroke. Unfortunately they lost the game because of a rain delay.

Myrtle Beach looked good, and convinced me that the Braves still have one of the best farm systems in baseball.

Yeah I love minor league baseball my friends think it's stupid but it's so much fun to watch these players develop in Major Leaguers.

Going to Frederick Keys games I've scored autographs of Adam Loewen, Nick Markakis, and Chris Britton.

I've got a lot of Orioles prospects it's so easy to get autographs in the minors.

At the Pelicans games I only have 1 autograph from a SS named Diory Hernandez. He had an injury this year but looks like a solid prospect.