Does anybody remember?

When the A's soared to 23 or so straight wins in I believe 2002 to surge into the post-season? I'm almost positive it was the longest winning streak in MLB history... I don't think we'll go 23 games, but does anybody think we can mantain a consistency such as that to bring us to the post-season? That A's team was just like us; young, enthusiastic, and very talented.

What does everybody think?

When the A's soared to 23 or so straight wins in I believe 2002 to surge into the post-season? I'm almost positive it was the longest winning streak in MLB history... I don't think we'll go 23 games, but does anybody think we can mantain a consistency such as that to bring us to the post-season? That A's team was just like us; young, enthusiastic, and very talented.

What does everybody think?

We dont need to go on a ridiculous winning streak like that (though I wish we could), but im certain we can maintain this level of play throughout September and beyond. One thing we have in similarity to that 2002 A's team is we have a somewhat similar configuration in the rotation; young studs with great stuff (apart from soft-tossing junkballer Mulder of course). "chemistry" and "clutch" (the words stat nerds hate to hear) are also words which can be applied to this team, which cant be said for last year's team. You would think that with everything the 2005 Marlins had in terms of players with talent and already proven great careers, you would feel much safer with that team.... but thats not the case. These guys here are humble and with characters like Helms and Danny Cool, you cant ask for anything more. I was actually optimistic when this season started with Hermida and the Hammer getting a chance to play every day along with the pitching we possessed, but then we started making dumb plays on such a consistent manner and I realized that yeah.... you just cant win with so much inexperience. But now.... for a team to come out of the gutter the way it did, its just too f*n awesome to deny and I am 100% sure that this team is playoff worthy.