Lastings Milledge

Fiasco518

If it came down to Heilman, Pelfrey, and Milledge for Pee Train, I would hope Beinfest would pull the trigger. Milledge is an absolute stud, and the core we would have we be absolutely filthy. As usual, I'm with Lou on this.

What has Milledge done that quantifies him as an "absolute stud"?

As a 19 year old, he hit .337/.399/.579

As a 20 year old, in high A, .302/.385/.418.... he then got promoted to AA where he hit .337/.392/.487

As a 21 year old in AAA, he hit .277/.388/.440

He has always been one of the youngest players in each level, and besides his BA taking a dip last year(whereas his walk rate improved), he has been awesome at each level.

Despite all of that would you be against F. Martinez with or instead of him? If we moved willis I would like to try to get the two of them. I know the marlins seemingly always ( think as a policy) want a pitcher back when they trade a pitcher. But, this martinez kid seems to be a future Monster from what I have been able to read on him.

With, not instead. I would want Milledge in a hypothetical deal because we could put him in CF right now and just like that we don't have to worry about it for 5 years (despite whatever nonsense people write about on this board hating on him. I'm not sure if Milledge passed the PA barrier last year where he is no longer a 'prospect,' but there is absolutely no question he'd instantly become # 1 in the Marlins system if we obtained him). We need to have everyone in the lineup rocking by next year because that's when all the pitching should be ready. Martinez is YEARS away even if by all indications he's going to be awesome.

And considering we'd be moving Dontrelle, I think we'd need two MLB parts (Milledge, Heilman/D. Sanchez/RP) and one of their top pitching prospects (pelfrey/humber) to make the deal worth it to us at a minimum. I could live with C. Gomez, or Martinez, etc, instead of the pitching prospect if it came down to it ,which I guess was your question ha, but I just see the Mets very hesitant to dish out more than 1 of the young OF if they were to trade for a SP. We'd be lucky to get that threesome of players anyways because as much as the Mets need young SP, they aren't stupid to the fact they'd be making us a lot better longterm too.