Offical 2007 Nascar Thread

Flamarlins3

Well I never know where to post Nascar stuff and don't really want to make a new thread all the time so I figured I'd make this one so there isn't a bunch of Nascar related threads all over.

Time to bitch about Nascar again though. Usually I'm the one defending them. (And rightfully so. All those complaints about Nascar favoring 'their boys' should be gone as Jr, Johnson, and Gordon have all been hit hard with penalties this year, but that's another topic)

We are at Daytona this weekend. Qualifying was yesterday. 39 cars went out and qualified. Then the skies opened up with 14 cars remaining. What does Nascar do you ask? Rather than have the remaining 14 cars come out this morning and qualify Nascar cancels qualifying and the field is set by points so Gordon gets the pole.

The problem?

Guys like Boris Said, Shelmerdine (sp?), and Waltrip(not that I care about him, but it isn't fair) who qualified on time, but will miss out on the race because they are not in the top 35 in points. In fact Said was on the pole at the time looking at a front row start. Now he doesn't even make the race? Come on. I don't even understand the logic in this. It's a damn shame, and Nascar better do something to change this 'rule'.

That said it should be a fun race tonight...

In other news it's now the Sprint Cup Series.

Kyle Busch won the Busch race this morning.

I agree that it was a bunch of horse$*** that guys like Boris Said had to go home because they couldn't finish up 15 cars. I hope that the sanctioning body finds some way to correct this flaw soon. I mean, isn't this the same sanctioning body that changes the rules whenever they feel like it?

The sanctioning body is notorious for that.

Unfortunately the Busch race was ran this morning and there may not have been any realistic time to finish qualifying. Not to mention it could be said that finishing qualifyin later would be unfair because the track conditions could be very different.

Unfortunately the Busch race was ran this morning and there may not have been any realistic time to finish qualifying. Not to mention it could be said that finishing qualifyin later would be unfair because the track conditions could be very different.

Yes but doesn't track conditions change during qualifying anyways? I agree with what you are saying though and you are 100% correct.

Yes but doesn't track conditions change during qualifying anyways? I agree with what you are saying though and you are 100% correct.

They do change to an extent of course during qualifying, but even if there was time after the Busch race in the morning, can you imagine how different the track would be after the Busch race was run? (much more rubber on the track)

I think that's what they were probably thinking. The situation with the weather this weekend was just odd.