July 16, 200719 yr Okay, so I need to build a bow window out of three windows. The opening is 113" and I plan on having 2 windows on each side of a picture window at an angle of 30 degrees from the house. How big does the picture window need to be? Another way to look at it: I have a 30 - 60 - 90 right triangle and I know the length of the hypotenuse is 36, what are the lengths of the other two legs?
July 16, 200719 yr Author the lenght oppo the 30 degree angle is 18 the length oppo the 60 degree is 31.176 Sweet - what was the formula you used?
July 16, 200719 yr ya basically what penguino said... or a little SOHCAHTOA action with a calculator would have done the trick...could have also encorporated some a^2 + b^2 = c^2
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.