May 26, 200818 yr http://redsox.scout.com/2/265149.html For the most part, the fastball of Taylor Tankersley is in the 90-92 MPH range but many times it will get up to as high as 94 MPH. Tankersley gets excellent movement on his fastball and has learned to locate it better and better in each year of college. Is absolutely fearless on the mound and is not afraid to come in on a hitter with the heater at any time in the game or in any count. I'm Not too alarmed,But alot of people are trying to decide whats wrong with Taylor Tankersley. It seems to be his confidence, he doesn't trust his fastball as much anymore, causing him to nibble. It seems to me like he tops out at 91 now. Is it mental or has Tank lost a little velocity on his fastball? He was 92-93 is rookie season in 06. Is his nibbling causing him to stay in the 88-89 range. Or is a drop off in his fastball the reason he has lost his confidence and starts to nibble.
May 26, 200818 yr I saw Taylor pitch all through college, and I think today he does nibble too much. I haven't seen his fastball get to the 90-92 range lately, and I can't answer why his velocity has gotten to 88-89. Maybe the shoulder injury beginning last year has taken some of velocity. I don't know why everyone is so down on him lately, I know he has struggled, but he still possesses excellent stuff. Taylor is still fearless, and will return to form that everyone got use to when he came up in 2006, and at the end of last year. He is by no means a mental midget, and will turn it around.
May 26, 200818 yr Author I saw Taylor pitch all through college, and I think today he does nibble too much. I haven't seen his fastball get to the 90-92 range lately, and I can't answer why his velocity has gotten to 88-89. Maybe the shoulder injury beginning last year has taken some of velocity. I don't know why everyone is so down on him lately, I know he has struggled, but he still possesses excellent stuff. Taylor is still fearless, and will return to form that everyone got use to when he came up in 2006, and at the end of last year. He is by no means a mental midget, and will turn it around. I tend to disagree. When he is fearless he thrives. But sometimes he gets into this nervous nibbling type game. He's had a few good outings in a row, lets see how his confidence picks up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.