Parking for Jackie Gleason Theater

I've got a question for you Miamiians. I'm going to see Modest Mouse on June 23 at the Jackie Gleason Theater which is from all I know on Miami Beach and I know nothing else about how driving there and parking works. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, there is a parking shortage now because lots that were used across the street are now under construction for a parking garage. There is a garage just south of the building, across the street, where it is 17th street, and I think I saw the sign the other day, $4 for up to 4 hours and over 4 hours it is flat $15. There is an open lot next to the garage, east of it, that is a flat $15, that is where I parked for a concert because we got there early and the exit was right there. There are some lots south of Lincoln road, but I do not think it is cheaper, and there are metered spots all over but I do not know what the meters have as a maximum time. There should be parking on the west side of the theater behind it and behind the convention center also.