Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transfering Programs Between PCs?

Featured Replies

Over the years I've downloaded a few programs from the internet and installed them on my PC.

 

What is the easiest way of installing these programs on a new PC?

 

Will this work:

1.) copy the files with the programs to an external hard drive

2.) hook up the external hard drive to the new PC

3.) copy the files to the new PC

4.) run the programs to install them

 

There are three type of programs in question:

1.) free programs I downloaded form the internet

2.) paid for programs I downloaded from the internet

3.) programs I downloaded from the internet that are not free but were given to me by a friend and I don't know where he got them from and I have to idea about how to get them

 

I'm most concerend about programs No. 3. I guess I could download No. 1s and No. 2s again but it would be easier to just copy the files if that would work.

 

Thanks.

Will this work:

1.) copy the files with the programs to an external hard drive

2.) hook up the external hard drive to the new PC

3.) copy the files to the new PC

4.) run the programs to install them

 

If these are the Setup or Installation files, this method is 100% fine

  • Author

Will this work:

1.) copy the files with the programs to an external hard drive

2.) hook up the external hard drive to the new PC

3.) copy the files to the new PC

4.) run the programs to install them

 

If these are the Setup or Installation files, this method is 100% fine

If the programs were downloaded from the internet is it fair to assume those files would be there?

If the programs were downloaded from the internet is it fair to assume those files would be there?

 

Well, if you downloaded them, I would guess you downloaded the setup or installation file... but I mean... just take a cursory glance to see if you can see files called "Setup.exe" or "Install.exe" or whatever

  • Author

If the programs were downloaded from the internet is it fair to assume those files would be there?

 

Well, if you downloaded them, I would guess you downloaded the setup or installation file... but I mean... just take a cursory glance to see if you can see files called "Setup.exe" or "Install.exe" or whatever

Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.