Lee has a streak going on

Derek lee has played 215 consecutive games. He has a streak bit it would be hard to beat the guy with the most games played back to back (Cal ripken). Here is a good article.

Oh, baby! Lee's streak at risk

By Joe Capozzi, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, April 10, 2003

Marlins first baseman Derrek Lee has played in 218 consecutive games -- the longest active streak in the National League -- but he isn't upset about the likelihood it will come to an end in a few weeks.

Lee's wife, Christina, is expecting the couple's first child, and Derrek plans to be there for the birth.

"I would like the streak to continue because I take pride in that," Lee said. "But in the big scheme of things, I'm not breaking Cal Ripken's record (2,632 consecutive games played). It's a good streak but it's not that long of a streak.

"I don't want to miss the birth of my baby so I'm going to do everything possible to try to be there."

The due date is May 1, when the Marlins are on a road trip that starts April 28 in Phoenix and ends May 4 in Houston. Florida has off days April 21 and May 5.

"I told her, 'It'd be perfect if you could do it on the off day,' but I don't think that's going to work out," Lee said.

"Hopefully, we'll get lucky and it'll come a week early. If she's delivering at 7:05, then I'm gonna miss the game."

The Lees don't know if they're having a boy or girl, but they do have names picked out. "It's a secret,'' he said, adding that it's not "Lou" (as in Gehrig) or "Cal."

LINK