April 17, 200917 yr I know this is the offcial world series patch for 1997. I know it appeared on the side of all the guys caps, and I thought, on the right sleeve. But that is not the case. This picture of Nenn clearly shows a different patch on the sleeves. Is this a Marlins-specific WS patch? Anyone know for sure what it is or have an image of it? Any information would be appreciated.
April 17, 200917 yr Author Wow, thanks for the fast and informative reply, Admin. It does look like that patch, but it seems like the colors are slightly different. Did they modify the patch to conform with the teams colors or is it just bad lighting/visibility?
April 17, 200917 yr Look at the graphic I posted. Each team had one with their team colors. Ours was teal and a little orange (Haha)
April 17, 200917 yr Author FYI - The link Trey posted has a graphical representation of the patch "in Marlins colors" which seems to suggest that they did in fact modify the patch to fit better with the color scheme. Thanks for all the information, guys. Anyone know a good source for finding this patch for purchase (not ebay)? Or even a real (not virtual) image of it?
April 17, 200917 yr Author More questions - is it customary for the same (offical) patch that is worn on the caps to be also worn on the sleeves? I feel like the 2003 Fish had something Marlins-specific on their sleeves during the fall classic... 10 year anniversary patch maybe?
April 17, 200917 yr Author I think I answered my own question regarding 2003. It looks like they wore the same patch as the Yankees, the official WS patch:
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.