Beinfest on Radio During Rain Delay

PhxPhin

Probably nothing new here, but I found it interesting as I rarely get to hear the guy speak

Basically started by talking about how difficult rain delays can be on the team as far as managing the

team and how they are excited about how the new stadium will kind of take away those possibilities

even mentioned how he was disapointed in the rain as it cut short nick johnsons rehab work today in jupiter

confirmed that they really wanted penny, but he obviously chose the giants and he understands that - he also talked about some of the other waiver wire activity that other teams made

said that his phones weren't as hot as they were at the non-waiver deadline, but he had a couple lines out there and just didn't feel any of them made sense when you factored in economics, long term potential, upgrade impact, etc

confirmed that both stanton and dominguez will be playing in the AZFL and that Bo Porter will be manager of the Mesa Solar Sox - which stinks for me, I wish they'd go back to the affiliation with Peoria as it's much closer, but i'll still catch them when they come out west - he went through a couple other names, that I can't recall right now

said he was disapointed that NO didn't get more wins in AAA, but it's understandable as they kept toggling the roster there

stated that he was happy with jacksonville and is looking forward to watching them in the playoffs - he expects good things from them because he feels they are stacked with some of the top level prospects

also stated that he doesn't make september callups just to make callups - every guy should have a role, be it freeing up baker/paulino to pinch hit if needed, give guys rest, etc

also stated that he was disapointed in how maybin started the year in the bigs and thinks he can show somethign in this callup stating that "each guy has their own timeline" ...... stated there was no need to bring him up due to coghlan really playing well, cody did well in center and hermida did alright

he didn't seem to be super excited about hermida and kind of stumbled a little bit when speaking of him

was very pleased with coghlan and how he has also learned from guys like wes helms on how to be a professional