December 21, 200322 yr I think wer're just as good as last year. Also:Say how far you think we'll go this year and give a reason
December 21, 200322 yr shouldnt we wait until they actually make some moves? the fish have mostly cleared unwaranted salaries in order to gain affordable players. they are only half done.
December 21, 200322 yr Is it March or December? Does the season start tommorrow? I'm lost...someone help me out :cool
December 21, 200322 yr Ed, you missed it. the season started already and acording to the media and fans we already lost... :lol
December 21, 200322 yr Author shouldnt we wait until they actually make some moves? the fish have mostly cleared unwaranted salaries in order to gain affordable players. they are only half done. Ok, i'm saying if the season started today (we would have penny and pavano) Sorry
December 21, 200322 yr I don't think you can say right now if they are better or worse. Last years team wasn't "ideally" built, but it worked well. So who's to say that what they've done this offseason won't work. I think Benitez is an upgrade at closer. Having Fox a full year is an upgrade to the pen as well. If Burnett is healthy and back in May or June, then the rotation is upgraded. Cabrera and Conine replacing Hollandsworth and Encarnacion is a big upgrade, in my opinion. Choi for Lee is a downgrade right now, although I think Choi will eventually be the better hitter. Replacing Pudge with Castro/Redmond is a downgrade, although the dropoff in production may not be that great. The championship team had a chemistry that can't be duplicated, and that's fine. The Angels showed that you just can't assume you'll have that same chemistry just by bringing back the same team. I like most of the changes that have been made, especially from the financial standpoint. They've cut payroll while still keeping the team competitive. They may not repeat, but they should be in the running, which is all we can ask.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.