I talked to my pitching coach......

BIG Z

Today,well just a few minutes ago i talked to my pitching coach/el duque's pitching coach from cuba,and i ask him how old el duque was he said around 35.Then i came with the big question-will he like to play here?the coach said off-course,and another question that i asked him was,can he still play?he said as long as his arm is healthy and he is pitching in miami he will impress alot of people(in other words lights out).So there you go just like i promised these are the question's i asked my pitching coach about el duque.ENJOY!!!!!!

I used to hate pitching my pitching coach(el duque's coach from cuba)has been telling me for about 5 years to become a pitcher,but i always said "no i'm a third baseman!",but i've been knowing i can pitch since late last january,and now i love pitching it's my favorite position and i just love it,but i still need to master my changeup because it's way to ugly"lol",after i'm done fixing my changeup then i'm gonna be happy because i'll be pitching beautiful-i also need some more miles on my pitches but for now i'm good to go.My coach decided to make me a pitcher because of my status and my long arms and big hands.

My status:I'm 15 years old-16 in april.I weight 145 pounds,and i'm 5'10-5'11.

what type of speed you get on the heater kid?

Don't know,haven't gunned myself since last year which i topped 75mph,but i might throw 76mph now only(I didn't pitch for bout a month last year and i slowed down).Well now that i fixed my mechanics i might throw 78mph maybe.

But i'm skinny-i ain't doing weights because i know that i will stay at 5'10 if i do-so i will wait till i'm bout 18-20 to do weights i wanna grow 6'0+ and i know i can,maybe i might do some small weights or natural workout(pushups-running,well i do run-and situps).

Forget about the gun kiddo.....

I had labrum surgery in fall of my Senior year of high school before school started.

I had been pitching since I was 9 yrs old.

Since the gun has become almost the most important thing foolish coaches look at, I overworked my arm.

Just pitch, make sure you exercise right, eat right, and long toss as much as you pitch and you'll be good...

Good luck!

Forget about the gun kiddo.....

I had labrum surgery in fall of my Senior year of high school before school started.

I had been pitching since I was 9 yrs old.

Since the gun has become almost the most important thing foolish coaches look at, I overworked my arm.

Just pitch, make sure you exercise right, eat right, and long toss as much as you pitch and you'll be good...

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice bro.

so your coach can read articles?

nothing new

My coach is el duque's trainer from cuba,and i can bet on it!

I remember hearing him say it,he goes:"Quiero dales gracias a todomundo a "VELO"(Pitching coach) y a muchas gentes. dood i remember that.. when he came from cuba he went to train with ur pitching coach right? since he was outta baseball for like 2 yrs... was taht him?

so your coach can read articles?

nothing new

My coach is el duque's trainer from cuba,and i can bet on it!

I remember hearing him say it,he goes:"Quiero dales gracias a todomundo a "VELO"(Pitching coach) y a muchas gentes. dood i remember that.. when he came from cuba he went to train with ur pitching coach right? since he was outta baseball for like 2 yrs... was taht him? My coach trained him in cuba when el duque was a teen,but they as still "VERY" good friends.

Today,well just a few minutes ago i talked to my pitching coach/el duque's pitching coach from cuba,and i ask him how old el duque was he said around 35.Then i came with the big question-will he like to play here?the coach said off-course,and another question that i asked him was,can he still play?he said as long as his arm is healthy and he is pitching in miami he will impress alot of people(in other words lights out).So there you go just like i promised these are the question's i asked my pitching coach about el duque.ENJOY!!!!!!

Are you positive that he used to be El Duque's pitching coach? Because Old Cuban men tend to lie when it comes to those things. Well all old mean exaggerate the truth. One day I was throwing a baseball around with my bro and this guy came up and started telling me and my bro that he used to coach El Duque and Livan. I just nodded of course. lol

Actually give that credit to my good friend,mike(mikebball)he throws around 83 and he's a sophomore also.

I can testify to that. :thumbup

used to hate pitching my pitching coach(el duque's coach from cuba)has been telling me for about 5 years to become a pitcher,but i always said "no i'm a third baseman!",but i've been knowing i can pitch since late last january,and now i love pitching it's my favorite position and i just love it,but i still need to master my changeup because it's way to ugly"lol",after i'm done fixing my changeup then i'm gonna be happy because i'll be pitching beautiful-i also need some more miles on my pitches but for now i'm good to go.My coach decided to make me a pitcher because of my status and my long arms and big hands.

A little confident with ourselves arent we. I am not trying to put you down or anything but if you still havent made the High School team, you shouldnt be talking that much.

We will see soon though. Tryouts are in January right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.