Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jazz Fined by NBA for Mocking Malone

Featured Replies

NBA fines Jazz $15K for skit that 'ridiculed' pair of Lakers

Jan. 30, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

 

 

 

NEW YORK -- The Utah Jazz were fined $15,000 by the NBA on Friday for an inappropriate skit that took place during a first-quarter timeout of Saturday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

 

 

During the skit, which the league claimed "ridiculed opposing players," Utah's mascot held a telephone conversation with a Karl Malone impersonator over the public address system.

 

Malone, who did not play in the game because of an injury, spent the first 18 years of his career with the Jazz before signing with the Lakers this offseason.

 

"Go tell Admin I want to come home," said the Malone impersonator said, referring to Jazz owner Admin Miller. "I don't care if Stock (John Stockton) ain't there. I want to come home. They're mean to me here. They don't give me the ball. They don't like me. But I guess it could be worse. I could be Ko--."

 

The mock call abruptly ended with the thinly veiled reference to Kobe Bryant's pending sexual assault case.

 

Utah management sent a written apology to the Lakers organization on Thursday.

Thank god.

 

That was so "distasteful". I think they shoulda been fined more.

 

That's the thanks Karl Malone gets for all the years? And then bring Kobe into it?

 

I thought the Utah Organization had a little more class than that.

I'd be bitter two if my best player has no drawing power and has to be the biggest dork in the nba(Dre)

im sorry but that was funny..what poor f***ing sport !! BOO- HOO !!!!!!!!!!!! UR RICH , SHUT UP AND PLAY !!

Malone is a little baby and can rot in hell for all I care.

 

What a lousy f***ing bastard of an a**hole basketball player. I hope he never gets his ring.

 

So we made a racy joke about Kobe and his legal troubles. Who give a f***ing s***? Can't take a goddamn joke? You gotta be kidding me; this joke is harmless.

 

The fact is: if Malone stayed with us this year we would be like .250. There's no arguing that.

 

What thin skin that little sensitive bugger has.

 

I mean I know moving to Hollywood would make him, physically, a p***y ass b***h, but who knew it would make him even more thin-skinned and sensitive, the a**hole motherf***er?

 

I hope we:

1.) Don't retire his number.

2.) Don't build that statue of him.

 

 

If we do eventually build that statue of him, I'll post a picture of me peeing on it the night the statue is "erected."

Haha, yeah, fair enough.

 

But was a b***h, even when he was here. His contract negotiations would take seriously weeks and weeks. I'd be surprised if Stock's took more than 30 minutes.

 

And he refused to take paycuts so we could hire some decent players and make a legitimate championship run. (I would consider the Championship Years (96 and 97) legitimate runs if it weren't for that MJ b***h.)

 

I never liked him anyway. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.