Everything posted by Bucklin12
-
Build the stadium in...ORLANDO
The Magic are also consistently in the bottom 8 teams of the NBA. While the Marlins have won 2 titles in 6 years. Going back to the strike of 1994 only one other team has won multiple titles... the Yankees, the largest market in Baseball. While the Magic may consistently be in the bottom 5, the Marlins are consistently in the bottom 2, and they have produced the thing that everyone claims to be the money maker.. championships. When the Magic were a winning team, they sold out every game, no matter who they played. Even now, their attendance has only dropped 1,500 people a game, and they are never contending. I promise you this... put a ball park in downtown Orlando, and the Marlins would pull at least 16,000 a night
-
Build the stadium in...ORLANDO
The Devil Rays pulled in 3,000 more people per game last year than the Marlins, in a much smaller market with a much worse team. The logic that it is easier to draw people from the north, than from the south is just ridiculous. How is that founded at all. I know plenty of people who drive 5 hours to see a series in Atlanta. That argument is worth about as much as the previous tourism base plight. I am not saying at all that the Marlins should move to Orlando, I am just saying that Orlando could could support the Marlins just as well, if not better than Miami does.
-
Build the stadium in...ORLANDO
There will be no knocking down of the Citrus Bowl. It is part of the new "Project Hometown" renovation, when you mentioned they are building a new home for the Magic. I wish everyone would forget Oktoberfest's ideas about tourists fan bases, and attraction area stadiums. These are all ludacris and almost annoying ideas, I am just trying to let you know there is another positive side to pro ball team in Orlando. I have lived here for almost 15 years now, and I still love it. Everyone seems to think that Orlando is incapable of housing the Marlins, and everyone seems to be throwing up righteous defenses about why Miami reigns supreme for an MLB location, I just wonder why a move has been considered for the past 3 years and will continue to be considered for a couple more. You think a ballpark is going to solve the Marlins problems? About as much as Eddie Money will solve on a "Super Saturday."
-
Build the stadium in...ORLANDO
I live in Orlando, and selfishly, I would love to see the Marlins move up here to Orlando, but I am unsure of how well they would do. Orlando has never been able to even hold a minor league club for more than 6 years. We have GCL leagues that play up here, but that's it. I bet they would do better up here, than they are doing right now in SoFla. I know the Magic are one of the worst in attendance, but the magic didn't win two Titles in 6 years either. Whenever the Magic were in their prime, 1994-1997, you could not find a ticket for a Magic game. I would bet my life, if the Marlins were a contender, and involved in the postseason, the support would be phenomenal. The Magic sell out 17,000 tickets 3 nights a week now, and they are only a .500 ball club. As far as fanbase... there are absolutely no Devil Rays fans up here. I seriously do not know one. We have more Braves fans than anything, and that's because every game is on TV and if you live in North Florida it is quicker to get to Atlanta than Miami. I never get to go to games, because it is just too hard to get down there for a game. I have only been to about 10 or 12 games in about 8 years, and that's probably true for most Orlando, Marlins fans... but I would be willing to bet that all of us have been to at least 40 Magic games throughout our lives, and the Magic are never good anymore (well, this year is still debatable). So, forget all that tourism crap, that guy was talking about. If Miami is a viable location for a Major League Club, then Orlando is as well.
-
***Official Prediction Thread***
Marlins Record: 88-74 Pitchers: Dontrelle Willis: 16-10, 3.65 Scott Olsen: 17-6, 3.15 (Fantastic Year coming up for Mr. Olsen) Josh Johnson: 7-9, 4.20 (Will be hurt for a period of time) Anibal Sanchez: 14-11, 3.80 Ricky Nolasco: 3-6, 5.30 (Nolasco will start here, but get moved into the bullpen) Yusmeiro Petit: 7-5, 3.85 (Petit will start to emerge this year, after begining the year in long relief) Taylor Tankersley: 2-1, 2.35, 29 Saves Relievers to perform above average: Owens, Lindstrom, Garcia Relievers to perform below average: Messenger, Mitre, Pinto Batters: H. Ramirez: .305, .395, .505 (Hanley will improve everything gradually, specifically, less strikeouts, more walks, slightly more power) D. Uggla: .265, .325, .495 (The magic will start to fade for Uggla) M. Cabrera: .330, .440, .595 (The Cabrera Line, power will go up a little, and avg will dip slightly) J. Willingham: .280, .375, .520 (The Hammer will continue to produce, now that he has a concrete role) M. Jacobs: .285, .390, .515 (Jacobs is healthy, and will look to really make his presence felt this year) J. Hermida: .270, .350, .480 (I don't know what to do about Hermida, but I would but pretty happy with this production) M. Olivo: .255, .280, .430 (Olivo will just be too streaky to produce anything but pedestrian numbers) A. Sanchez .270, .330, .380 (He's so quick, so that will help the bottom hopefully, I bet Gonzalez uses him to leadoff for experiments sake) Aaron Boone, and Amezaga will produce in day to day spots as well. Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez, and yes, Scott Olsen will all be all stars this year. No Gold Gloves, No Cy Young, No Batting Champions, Dontrelle might grab Silver Slugger