Study techniques...

Buckeye

I'll be the first to admit, some of the time I wing it, most of the time I just get by on the readings. But now, I'm taking some serious stuff that requires some serious study time. I usually read the material once and then go trhough it again taking notes, then reread the notes days and weeks later to keep it fresh. Anyone else?

I'll be the first to admit, some of the time I wing it, most of the time I just get by on the readings. But now, I'm taking some serious stuff that requires some serious study time. I usually read the material once and then go trhough it again taking notes, then reread the notes days and weeks later to keep it fresh. Anyone else?

That's pretty hardcore. I'm a highlighter person. So, usually, I read it once, highlighting EVERYTHING I need to know, and then when it comes time to really remember it all, I just read the stuff I highlighted. That way, it's quicker and more condensed. This works for the humanities, as they call them.

If it's science s***, and I need to memorize a bunch of stuff and fast, then I break out the pen and start writing it all out. Seems to be the best way to commit it to memory for me.

Drugs are fun, too, though...

I take very good notes and look over my book and read my notes one a night three nights before a test. The day and morning before the test is just straight cramming, the reading of notes and writing down of key concepts.

At times I quiz myself on vocabulary terms.

Lastly, I get loaded on caffine just before the test.

Read Jack Lannom's memory books on mnemonics. Also, Tony Buzan books are vital. These guys teach you how to develope your memory for effective learning. The techniques they demostrate will help you remember everything you study!

Be glad that you read this thread friend. I just set you free!

Read Jack Lannom's memory books on mnemonics. Also, Tony Buzan books are vital. These guys teach you how to develope your memory for effective learning. The techniques they demostrate will help you remember everything you study!

Be glad that you read this thread friend. I just set you free!

I'm not sure I buy into Buzan's stuff a hundred percent. I have one of his books (Use Your Brain) and I find the results don't always match. And I don't have time to rewrite my notes into mnemonic form all the time either.

I'm fifty/fifty on Buzan. Fifty skeptical and fifty percent wants to believe he's right and we clal can be geniuses. But, I don't buy it.

I have to memorize 16 minerals on site and it's going to be hard as hell! We don't even get more than two hours with the minerals to "study." We have to look a our paper and memorize the characteristics. Man, I hate science sometimes...

I don't have time to rewrite my notes into mnemonic form all the time either.

Then read up on Jack Lannom. Visit your local library and learn his techniques. When you are done, you will not need to write notes because it will all be in your head. Trust me, once you understand the techniques of memory you will used them for the rest of your life. They will enhance your love of learning and improve you grades.