Tonight's Lineup

Stag5

When Jack says he will shake things up and sub Easley for Castillo and Nunez for Conine, I don't think that's a shakeup. When Castillo is moved into the # 6 slot, that doesn't make much sense to me even if he DID get 2 hits.

Here is my idea for tonight.

1. Nunez - If you want to make changes what better place to start than the top. Nunez has the speed to make things happen.

2. Pierre - Moving JP down is not a slap at him but an opportunity to get him and Lowell to bat back to back at least 4 times tonight. If Nunez manages to get on base who better to make things happen than Pierre?

3. Lowell - Our top hitter and run producer back at the # 3 slot.

4. Choi - He seems to be finding himself again. His batting eye allows for possible rallies to continue.

5. Easley - You wanna say Cabrera, fine. Easley has been hot and puts the ball inn play. Easley # 5 is a bold move and takes even more pressure off Cabrera.

6. Cabrera - As mentioned above, the idea is to relieve some pressure off the kid.

7. Redmond - He must be our everyday catcher until he slumps bigtime.

8. Castillo or Gonzalez - You want Gonzalez at SS, put Easley at 2B. You want a bat at SS, try Easley there. Keep in mind that Gonzo vs Oswalt is 3-7 and Castillo is 1-11 lifetime.

What are your ideas for tonight?

Some very interesting suggestions. Heres my suggested lineup for tonights game.

Pierre - Give him the chance to bunt in the first inning if he wants to

Nunez - 9ner needs a few games off and Nunez needs a few games to shine

Lowell - Best overall hitter should hit here to ensure maximum AB

Cabrera - Next best hitter and I disagree that he is buckling under any pressure

Choi - Next best power hitter with a penchant for getting on base

Easley - A-Gon needs a few days off

Castillo - Learn to get on base like you used to do

Redmond - I'm not sure I ever want to see Castro again take the field for our club

Some very interesting suggestions. Heres my suggested lineup for tonights game.

Pierre - Give him the chance to bunt in the first inning if he wants to

Nunez - 9ner needs a few games off and Nunez needs a few games to shine

Lowell - Best overall hitter should hit here to ensure maximum AB

Cabrera - Next best hitter and I disagree that he is buckling under any pressure

Choi - Next best power hitter with a penchant for getting on base

Easley - A-Gon needs a few days off

Castillo - Learn to get on base like you used to do

Redmond - I'm not sure I ever want to see Castro again take the field for our club

I have no problem with Pierre's play this year, but can anyone tell me why he isn't bunting as much as he has in the past? I could say the same for Castillo.

As for Castro, I was a huge supporter of his but I agree...he is another one that has folded under pressure and needs to be backed away from the starters role for now.

He's just biding his time before he unleashes the almighty bunt. Third-basemen will tremble at his approach to the dish.

Honestly, I don't think he's needed it so far. He is walking and getting on base just fine. Once the situation requires the bunt, it will happen.

When Jack says he will shake things up and sub Easley for Castillo and Nunez for Conine, I don't think that's a shakeup. When Castillo is moved into the # 6 slot, that doesn't make much sense to me even if he DID get 2 hits.

Here is my idea for tonight.

1. Nunez - If you want to make changes what better place to start than the top. Nunez has the speed to make things happen.

2. Pierre - Moving JP down is not a slap at him but an opportunity to get him and Lowell to bat back to back at least 4 times tonight. If Nunez manages to get on base who better to make things happen than Pierre?

3. Lowell - Our top hitter and run producer back at the # 3 slot.

4. Choi - He seems to be finding himself again. His batting eye allows for possible rallies to continue.

5. Easley - You wanna say Cabrera, fine. Easley has been hot and puts the ball inn play. Easley # 5 is a bold move and takes even more pressure off Cabrera.

6. Cabrera - As mentioned above, the idea is to relieve some pressure off the kid.

7. Redmond - He must be our everyday catcher until he slumps bigtime.

8. Castillo or Gonzalez - You want Gonzalez at SS, put Easley at 2B. You want a bat at SS, try Easley there. Keep in mind that Gonzo vs Oswalt is 3-7 and Castillo is 1-11 lifetime.

What are your ideas for tonight?

No on Nunez at the top. He doesnt make enough contact and his power would be wasted on a possible lead off homerun. Besides, I like Conine in LF against Oswalt tonight. Good idea, but could bite us.

I have been screaming this all season:

Pierre

Castillo

Conine

Lowell

Cabrera

Choi

AGon

Red/Castro

P

Conine makes contact and will put the ball in play. Plus he is clutch and you can hit and run with him. He loves to hit the ball the other way and hitting #3 will help him get back on track.

You could make the argument to put Easely in for Castillo. And if you do, put him #2. I dont really know what is wrong with Castillo, and I havent been able to tune in to see. But it is clear he is struggling, and he seems to have a pattern of good year/bad year. I hope he snaps out of it - especially since I wanted us to use the money on him for someone else.

Cabs is not a fully developed hitter. Rushing him and putting too much pressure on him is not a good idea. I dont think even Pujols was thrusted into this much pressure early on (double check).

I love Choi. He is going to be a great hitter. (If you ever watch him and Palmeiro's swings together, your jaw will drop) But he is not fully developed either and let him get some time under his belt further down the lineup.

Castro has struggled and still needs PT. But you should back off from him for now, I agree, but Red is NOT a starter. He never will be and will struggle with that role.

AGon cant get jack to hit in the 8th spot. He is a fastball hitter. He cannot hit breaking pitches to save his life. So dont put him in a spot that will guarantee his ineffectiveness.

Pierre needs to bunt. I dont care how well he is doing.

Although JP is the one of the best, if not the best, leadoff men in the game, I agree he should be moved down. He hits too high of an average not to be used when someone is on base. In the two hole behind Luiy or *in fantasy land* Choi who won't clog the basepaths he'd been quite an asset to the club.

if you want to drop cabrera in the lineup, you better put mike in the cleanup spot.

i think he should be in the cleanup spot regardless of where cabs hits. he's making such great contact and he's our best hitter at the moment.

choi is poor at making contact, though he can get walks... the only place on the top of the order i could possibly see him hitting is third.

As I said in the original post in the thread the idea of Pierre # 2 and Lowell # 3 was to bunch up our hot hitters.

Castillo, Pierre, Lowell looks solid right now...to back that up with a hitter in a bad slump is a bad decision.

Then as you said, Choi draws walks...well, with Sea Bass behind him that is a waste.