People Suck at Live Sporting Events...

Buckeye

So, Hugg and I are at the Reds/Marlins game yesterday...

There's this group of a-holes who do nothing but taunt Dunn and Conine and call them homosexuals, then say that they love them trying to get them to look back or get mad and give them the finger. Sighs. So, we're getting mad. And these guys, they keep screaming, "Baltimore HATES YOU CONINE! We're from Baltimore," again and again and again. Their mantra was "We're from Baltimore." Like they're shining examples of what kind of people live in Baltimore.

Finally after about three or four innings, I get ticked off and get ready to say something (I mean, how hard is it to come up with a comeback if they keep saying the same things over and over again?). Then, finally, they get the boot! Security comes down and hands them their walking papers. End of problem?

Nope.

We had two "Adam LaRue Superfanz" sitting in front of us. These guys liked LaRue and only LaRue. They kept talking about how "hawt" he was, etc., etc. That's not too bad. Then THEY start in on Dunn.

Have these people been to a ballgame before? Do they know that most of these guys aren't going to look back, wave and then come into the stands for drinks? That they're playing a GAME!? That they don't like being taunted and called fag and/or told they're loved by future college gradz with limited vocabularies?

So, then LaRue (who everyone in theior right mind knows is a subpar ballplayer) gets up to bat and these guys hold up a LaRue banner blocking our view and kept singing, "LaRue, LaRue, LaRue is on fire!" It didn't catch on (the chant or LaRue's hitting). In fact, everyone behind them was PO'ed. We're thinking they're going to get the boot, but since they were all decked out in LaRue jerseys and batting helmets, the guard just gave them a warning.

So, five more innings of this crap and thank God it starts to rain. It's coming down and LaRue gets up a third time (two strikeouts later). These guys hold up their crappy sign again! Sing the crappy chant again. So, I hated: "Hey, can you guys put that sign down so I can watch this guy strikeout? Thanks." So, they reply with something stupid, "Shut up and finish you're nuts..." And continue on with this idiotic behavior.

Then the fans behind us get involved and the dad with two kids who can't see starts asking them to put the sign down. These guys insult the dad and we're all forced to sit there and try and act normal even though some people have clearly broken some unwritten rule of society (basically, don't be an ass).

So, finally, LaRue throws his bat, strikes out and Hugg starts clapping like a madman and the two dejected idiots are forced to sit and stew in the rain, slowly coming the realization that Adam LaRue is mediocrity personified and that they're complete tools. So, they leave ("Our stuff's getting wet anyways,") before the games even close to getting done.

What is it with people that buying a ticket entitles them to act like jerks? Why can't they enjoy themselves and have fun without acting like trash for five minutes? On some level, at almost every sporting event I've been to, something like this happens. I don't get it.

Anyone else got some stories like this?

Guest marlins02

monday night football, 2002. csonk is getting his # retired and the '72 team is celebrating 30 years. playing the bears on a rainy night

halftime show, bears fans start screaming out all this bulls*** about how they won the SB in 85 despite us beating them and talking s*** about csonka. it was embarrassing.

that same season, dolphin fans pick a fight with a bills fan in front of his little kid and wife for no reason other than him wearing a bill t-shirt at the bills game.

ill think of others

So, Hugg and I are at the Reds/Marlins game yesterday...

There's this group of a-holes who do nothing but taunt Dunn and Conine and call them homosexuals, then say that they love them trying to get them to look back or get mad and give them the finger. Sighs. So, we're getting mad. And these guys, they keep screaming, "Baltimore HATES YOU CONINE! We're from Baltimore," again and again and again. Their mantra was "We're from Baltimore." Like they're shining examples of what kind of people live in Baltimore.

Finally after about three or four innings, I get ticked off and get ready to say something (I mean, how hard is it to come up with a comeback if they keep saying the same things over and over again?). Then, finally, they get the boot! Security comes down and hands them their walking papers. End of problem?

Nope.

We had two "Adam LaRue Superfanz" sitting in front of us. These guys liked LaRue and only LaRue. They kept talking about how "hawt" he was, etc., etc. That's not too bad. Then THEY start in on Dunn.

Have these people been to a ballgame before? Do they know that most of these guys aren't going to look back, wave and then come into the stands for drinks? That they're playing a GAME!? That they don't like being taunted and called fag and/or told they're loved by future college gradz with limited vocabularies?

So, then LaRue (who everyone in theior right mind knows is a subpar ballplayer) gets up to bat and these guys hold up a LaRue banner blocking our view and kept singing, "LaRue, LaRue, LaRue is on fire!" It didn't catch on (the chant or LaRue's hitting). In fact, everyone behind them was PO'ed. We're thinking they're going to get the boot, but since they were all decked out in LaRue jerseys and batting helmets, the guard just gave them a warning.

So, five more innings of this crap and thank God it starts to rain. It's coming down and LaRue gets up a third time (two strikeouts later). These guys hold up their crappy sign again! Sing the crappy chant again. So, I hated: "Hey, can you guys put that sign down so I can watch this guy strikeout? Thanks." So, they reply with something stupid, "Shut up and finish you're nuts..." And continue on with this idiotic behavior.

Then the fans behind us get involved and the dad with two kids who can't see starts asking them to put the sign down. These guys insult the dad and we're all forced to sit there and try and act normal even though some people have clearly broken some unwritten rule of society (basically, don't be an ass).

So, finally, LaRue throws his bat, strikes out and Hugg starts clapping like a madman and the two dejected idiots are forced to sit and stew in the rain, slowly coming the realization that Adam LaRue is mediocrity personified and that they're complete tools. So, they leave ("Our stuff's getting wet anyways,") before the games even close to getting done.

What is it with people that buying a ticket entitles them to act like jerks? Why can't they enjoy themselves and have fun without acting like trash for five minutes? On some level, at almost every sporting event I've been to, something like this happens. I don't get it.

Anyone else got some stories like this?

every game almost.

You get used to morons like that after a while

Baseball games usually are pretty tame, but I refuse to attend an NFL game anymore.

I've seen so many fights and embarrasing situations at NFL games because of drunks that it isn't worth it to go. I've seen drunks throw nachos at little kids who have the visiting teams' jersey on, I've seen them call women "whores" and "sluts" within earshot of young children, and about 42 gajillion fights. Oh, and don't forget the whole "show us your tits" flashing episodes, which I think belong more at a concert than at a 1pm NFL game with children in attendence.

The NFL needs to stop letting people tailgate for hours on end drinking before games at the stadium and really make an effort to crack down on this crap.

And it's not like I'm a 40-something conservative with two little kids and a fat wife. I still like to get rowdy a little bit and all that, but the NFL games are a flat out embarrasment. I would never take a girlfriend, client, parents or children to an NFL game. They'd be better off if I took them to a strip joint.

Back to baseball.... When I was in college a bunch of guys in my fraternity went down to Tigers stadium and got Rusty Greer to turn around and tell us to "F*ck off" after 4 innings of a whole section chanting "Crusty Queer." Pretty Juvenile, but We were drunk college kids and it was an afternoon game at Tiger stadium.... No one was there.

Baseball games usually are pretty tame, but I refuse to attend an NFL game anymore.

I've seen so many fights and embarrasing situations at NFL games because of drunks that it isn't worth it to go. I've seen drunks throw nachos at little kids who have the visiting teams' jersey on, I've seen them call women "whores" and "sluts" within earshot of young children, and about 42 gajillion fights. Oh, and don't forget the whole "show us your tits" flashing episodes, which I think belong more at a concert than at a 1pm NFL game with children in attendence.

The NFL needs to stop letting people tailgate for hours on end drinking before games at the stadium and really make an effort to crack down on this crap.

And it's not like I'm a 40-something conservative with two little kids and a fat wife. I still like to get rowdy a little bit and all that, but the NFL games are a flat out embarrasment. I would never take a girlfriend, client, parents or children to an NFL game. They'd be better off if I took them to a strip joint.

Back to baseball.... When I was in college a bunch of guys in my fraternity went down to Tigers stadium and got Rusty Greer to turn around and tell us to "F*ck off" after 4 innings of a whole section chanting "Crusty Queer." Pretty Juvenile, but We were drunk college kids and it was an afternoon game at Tiger stadium.... No one was there.

I agree totally with the NFL thing. The games I've been to usually had 4 or 5 fights, never in my section, but they were there. I think NFL games are becoming ones where if you're not in the premium seats, you're in for an adventure.

And last year against the Dodgers, Ricky Henderson told the guys out in the left field terrace box to "kiss his ass" after they made fun of his age.

Huh. All the Bengals games I've been to there have been minor offenses. But, nothing too bad. I remember talking trash to a few fans, but it was more a give and take. Not too bad.

Guess we'll see all next season when I roll down to every game.

Unfortunately, this garbage happens everywhere. Last week at the Red Sox-Devil Rays game at the Trop I had the misfortune of sitting around a group of high school kids who ran around, kept getting up and climbing all over the place, beating each other with Thunderstix while the parents sat and watched it all and did nothing but continue their conversation about lawn mowing (I kid you not; the most boring conversation I've ever had the misfortune to overhear).

I understand cheering your team or talking about the game or the player at bat or something related but a little bit goes a long way.

Guest Moneyball

did nothing but continue their conversation about lawn mowing (I kid you not; the most boring conversation I've ever had the misfortune to overhear).

were the kids' parents involved anyway in that stupid ESPN short? :lol