Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phelps

Featured Replies

I wish I wasnt as lazy as I am, or I'd look up what people said about Phelps after his last start. He had a good start...bueno....now look. Willis > Phelps. He has more talent, and he is only going to get better.

:p

 

Hate to say I told you so...but I told you so!! Phelps over Dontrelle? ha! I like Tommy, but I think he's more of a long relief guy than anything else...he can give you some valuable innings in the Pen but he's no starter.

 

And while everyone is on the Toby Borland for setup man bandwagon...I'll say it now...He stinks. His pitches get crushed every inning...sooner or later it will catch up with him. If Fox doesn't return we need some help...bad.

I agree that Willis is better than Phelps - by far. But that is not to say Phelps couldnt give you 5 solid starts - which is about what we will need from him now.

 

As far as Borland goes, I am not too fond of him. He looks older than he probably is, for one! I just dont trust his stuff out there, but he is all we got right now. I dont think a trade is necessary though, either. I think we got talent down on the farm that could be used to replace what we need. Howard could fill in nicely and I look for Neu to make some big strides and get called up soon.

Borland's just filling in for Fox. When Neu, Howard and Nannini get settled into the system they'll be called up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.