Sega Sports Officially Cancels GCN Sports Lineup

Admin

Link

Sega will no longer release its sports games for Nintendo's console.

Sega of America has officially announced that it will no longer produce Sega Sports games for the Nintendo GameCube. The company will instead focus its efforts on bringing sports games to the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox at the start of each season.

"Sega has been evaluating its resources and product lineup to ensure it is bringing the right games to the right platforms as the company builds toward becoming a profitable, independent content publisher," a Sega of America representative said. "After careful examination, Sega has made the strategic decision to support the Nintendo GameCube with a priority on delivering its leading entertainment properties such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Monkey Ball, proven franchises which have been top sellers on the system. Sega will focus its sports development resources on delivering its Sega Sports games to the PlayStation 2 and Xbox on time at the start of each season. Sega is committed to the Nintendo GameCube and will continue to support the platform with its leading entertainment properties, including the recently announced Sonic Adventure DX, as well as many other titles yet to be announced."

This announcement comes on the heels of Sega's recent decision to cancel World Series Baseball 2K3 for the system.

PS2 is still the system and will always be the system where you get the games that are multi system.

GameCube while Sega is a loss is by far not hurt. They have taken two of Sony's best franchises in Driver and Final Fantasy

X Box is stuck in the middle in my opipion.

GameCube= Best Original Games

PS= Best System for multi console games

X Box= BOOOOOOOOURRRRRNNNNNNNSSSSSS

Mayeb your right on that, but Playstation will still have the better sales, even after you adjust it too how many X box's and PS2's sold.

Right now it seems to me the games coming out for X Box are getting lame. I know Halo 2 is comign out soon, but their advertising for DOA Volley ball is kinda weird. What demographic are they trying to reach? The 40 year old guys who get off on Cartoon women playing Volleyball?

Mayeb your right on that, but Playstation will still have the better sales, even after you adjust it too how many X box's and PS2's sold.

Right now it seems to me the games coming out for X Box are getting lame. I know Halo 2 is comign out soon, but their advertising for DOA Volley ball is kinda weird. What demographic are they trying to reach? The 40 year old guys who get off on Cartoon women playing Volleyball?

Well obviously sales will be bigger just because of the sheer amount of PS2's sold. But i'm saying quality wise, if you have both systems, the xbox one is the one to get.

Honestly most people that buy DOA Volleyball are teenage males, same type of people who bought BMX XXX.

But honestly you can't sum up the xbox's game library with DOA Volleyball, that's one game.

Well obviously sales will be bigger just because of the sheer amount of PS2's sold. But i'm saying quality wise, if you have both systems, the xbox one is the one to get.

Honestly most people that buy DOA Volleyball are teenage males, same type of people who bought BMX XXX.

But honestly you can't sum up the xbox's game library with DOA Volleyball, that's one game. Well isn't it alarming that, they are giving it so much air time?

I see it on all the time.

But honestly you can't sum up the xbox's game library with DOA Volleyball, that's one game. Well isn't it alarming that, they are giving it so much air time?

I see it on all the time. Well that depends on what you're watching. I've really only seen that commercial twice. I wouldn't doubt that they'd advertise that game a lot during Wrestling, they are going for that same audience.

DT you do know that PS2 has the same exact thing right?

Yeah, if you want online service the xbox is much better. More variety of games and a centralized server where you can find what your buddies are playing. Not to mention the voice chat as well and you don't have 56ker's lagging up the servers :D