July 21, 200422 yr What's the best summer job you ever had? I have started the greatest job ever for the next 4 weeks. My mom and dad were rotting doing nothing now that they are retired so they took up one of the paper routes of the paper which takes them with 500 papers starting at 1 in the morning to 6. My dad couldn't take the stop and go of the car so I Decided to help my mom out for 15 bucks a route and oh man it's the greatest job ever. THeir are some really lame boxes were you just slide in but their is most of the houses that want their paper on the front porch in some of the rural areas so these things are really high up on porches that are really high, also with cars, bushes and latices that are in the way. Well my mom would always have to get out and get real close to get them but I get to stand on top through the moon roof from long distances and chuck papers at the house and I barely missed. I'm telling you the greatest job ever, throwing papers at houses and hitting them dead on.
July 21, 200422 yr workin at FSN all we did was watch ESPN and YES network all day, talking about baseball didnt get paid, but I got college credit
July 21, 200422 yr 2 years ago I worked with a company on the TSA project (the hiring of airport security). The company I worked for was in charge of medical screening, and physical performance tests. They would have places set up around the country for people to go get their screening done if they passed this test (computerized). Well, I got trained in Boston, and then was in charge of making sure everything got set up for the medical testing. These testing sites also happened to be at 4-star hotels (using a whole floor usually--each room being a different testing room...physicals, audio, sight, etc. and then physical performance testing usually going on in a conference room where there's more room). So anyway, I would travel the country setting up these sites. Once they were set up and running, I'd go on to the next one, so I'd spend 4-7 days at each place, makin 12 an hr (18 for overtime, which I ALWAYS got...usually about 10 OT hrs a week), along with per diem at each place (usually 30+ bucks or more for food...some places went over 70 bucks a day). Anyway, I was able to go to Boston, Charlotte, Burlington (VT), Nashville, Memphis, and Fairbanks (Alaska). The next year, when things got desperate for the company (I didnt wanna do the job b/c I didnt have time to travel really), they talked me into going to 2 different sites to run physical performance tests. I went to Seattle and then DC. It was good times.
July 21, 200422 yr I have never really had a special summer job, but the best would be at FYE. I just tried to sell CD's. Good Stuff.
July 21, 200422 yr I spent three summers working at Atlantis, the Water Kingdom. Tough job, but somebody had to do it... :cool
July 21, 200422 yr no summer jobs. though i will go to the hooters bikini car wash this weekend. ;0 468724[/snapback] you get an allowance or something? :lol j/p
August 1, 200422 yr I only had one summer job, the other jobs I had were permanent. My first summer job was Baskin Robbins and it's was good because I get to eat free Ice Cream which I didn't eat and got paid on lunch.
August 1, 200422 yr I've never had a strictly summer job. Keep a year round one. Although I always had fun mowing the lawn nekkid for my parents.
August 1, 200422 yr this summer i work at a batting cage that my boy ozzie canseco runs. ramon martinez and some other mlb players retired com e all the time . i get like 500 swings in , practice agility, plyometrics and speed drills and get paid 6 $ an hr u cant beat taht . i also work somewhere where ive seen some of u lard azzes (u kno who im talkin to) but im not tellin.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.