Has SportsCenter lost every drop of credibility???

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

did anyone how sc just stupped to a new low. instead of talking about SPORTS, they are doing a 5 part series on music in sports. NOW THAT IS STUPID. i wanna hear about baseball not KID ROCK that's why MTV exist. i can't wait to get my dish so i can watch ESPNEWS instead os this bogus crap. they don't know what to do next. COMPLETE bulls***. they are crashing and burning, ESPN is.

Sportscenter is really going down the drain. First they had Hearsay and stupid stuff like that, now they're doing concerts during the show. They've been able to fill an hour with sports for 25 years, but now they're running out of things to do? This is ridiculous.

This is an interesting view, that I agreee with, from Lang Whitaker of slamonline.com

Today we learn that ESPN is planning on having bands appear on "SportsCenter" all week long, including The Roots and Alanis Morrisette (she did date a hockey player, after all).

As you guys know, I've been railing about this for years, about how ESPN has given up on sports and is now trying to just shove ESPN itself down our throats. I checked out a while back and gave up on ESPN, only watching when there's a baseball game or soccer game I want to see. If I want to see highlights or scores, I go online or go to ESPN News, which isn't half bad because they avoid all the relentless advertising and sel-promotion.

I just really wish that someone at ESPN had a conscience and would admit that they're trying to screw up "SportsCenter," which used to be one of the best shows on TV. It's obvious to me that they don't want it to be a news show anymore and are more concerned with it just being a propaganda platform. Which is fine, as long as they don't keep trying to tell us otherwise.

And if they really do let David Aldridge walk, they're admitting that they don't care. I hope TNT or SI or someone snatches him up before his feet can hit the ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.