Spooney is Alright

AJBurnett34

Tim Spooneybarger is ok...the MRI turned out Normal. Lets see if he comes back soon because we need him....Beckett's rehap start was rained out tooo!

MARLINS NOTEBOOK

MRI turns up normal

Spooneybarger to return June 27

BY CLARK SPENCER

cspencer@herald.com

The official MRI report on reliever Tim Spooneybarger's right elbow: normal.

''There's not anything on me that's normal,'' Spooneybarger joked Wednesday after being told the test revealed no major damage.

Spooneybarger expects to return to the bullpen June 27, when he'll be eligible to come off the disabled list from elbow tendinitis.

''I feel 100 percent better just knowing it's not anything bad,'' Spooneybarger said. ``To see one of my best friends, A.J. [burnett], not being able to pitch for a year and a half, it is kind of scary.''

Burnett underwent reconstructive elbow surgery at the end of April. Spooneybarger's 42 innings pitched led all National League relievers, and he said extensive use likely contributed to his setback.

''Obviously, if I had 10 innings pitched, I probably wouldn't be hurt at all,'' he said. ``But I think when something goes wrong, it's pretty easy to look back. That's just the job of a reliever.''

RAINED-OUT REHAB

Josh Beckett's scheduled rehabilitation start Wednesday with the Jupiter Hammerheads was rained out.

Beckett went on the disabled list May 9 with a sprained right elbow.

He will start the first game of a doubleheader today between the Single A Hammerheads and Brevard County Manatees.

Expected to make one more rehab start, he is tentatively scheduled to come off the DL to start June 28 in Boston.

Link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.