Chris Aguila Welcome...

Maybe a Chris Aguila welcome was buried in a lengthy thread... if so, I missed it.

Without citing his stats (which are easily available and cited herein months ago), he is a classy and athletic player (age 24 or 25) WHO CAN PLAY CENTER FIELD.

J.P. ain't gonna take any vacations.

But, if for any reason he needed a day or two off, Aguilla is a ball-hawk who can fill in better than anyone else we have.

And he has a decent bat with some power and is fast on the pads.

And Chris is not a kid. His growth will not be critically impaired by Bench-service right now.

IMO, A GOOD MOVE.

The Dillon "story" is great. I love it and I root for him.

BUT, apparently the experiment moving him to the OF didn't work out well and his versatility value diminished.

As a back-up infielder, he competes with Easley, Mordi (and Harris.) That ain't gonna happen for him.

JP has played every inning this year, he doesn't need a backup. :thumbdown

Joe Dillion deserves a shot more than anyone.

493973[/snapback]

Only in Hollywood.

Dillon is an infielder transplanted to the outfield. His average has dropped 100 points in the last six weeks, whereas Aguila has shown consistency throughout the season. And as I've been saying for days, he's the only one in the system who is ready to play CF at the major league level. Good choice.

But, if for any reason he needed a day or two off, Aguilla is a ball-hawk who can fill in better than anyone else we have.

493972[/snapback]

actually Encarnacion can play CF

494201[/snapback]

and better than RF in practice too. He is a native CF but moved for JP.

494264[/snapback]

Points well taken.

Watching Encarnacion in CF years ago was like watching the gracefullness of The Hawk or the Secretary of Defense. Or Sarge.