The Great Comeback

Rune

Down to my brother by 19 in Madden with 1:45 to go, he's Washington and has owned me the entire game(Giants for me). I get the ball and have 80 to go, Warner's already out and Eli bombs it out to Toomer and get it to the 40, hurry up offense and TD. I go for the onside but can't get the ball but am able to hold Portis to eight yards in 4 downs and burn my last time outs. My brother had burned me for 175 with Portis today so it was a huge stop. I get the ball and a 30 yard pass to Shockey and Shockey plows through three guys to the 10. I get stopped the next three tries before getting Toomer on a slant to get the TD with 20 seconds left.

Onside kick and I get the ball in a huge pile, big pass to Toomer and TD! I miss the two but I stop my brothers hail mary with three seconds left and I pull the game out by one.

PWNED.

Down to my brother by 19 in Madden with 1:45 to go, he's Washington and has owned me the entire game(Giants for me). I get the ball and have 80 to go, Warner's already out and Eli bombs it out to Toomer and get it to the 40, hurry up offense and TD. I go for the onside but can't get the ball but am able to hold Portis to eight yards in 4 downs and burn my last time outs. My brother had burned me for 175 with Portis today so it was a huge stop. I get the ball and a 30 yard pass to Shockey and Shockey plows through three guys to the 10. I get stopped the next three tries before getting Toomer on a slant to get the TD with 20 seconds left.

Onside kick and I get the ball in a huge pile, big pass to Toomer and TD! I miss the two but I stop my brothers hail mary with three seconds left and I pull the game out by one.

PWNED.

512050[/snapback]

PWNED indeed

I made a comeback against the Titans yesterday. I was down 34-25 with under 1:30. Jay Fielder throws a 60+ yard Hail Mary and Kendall Newson makes a diving grab in the inzone. I force the Titans to go 3 and out, and I get the ball with under 30 seconds left. I throw another 2 short passes, and then make about a 40 pass to Chambers. I call a timeout with 1 second left, and Mare makes the field goal.

It was only on the 3rd difficulty though. But still, it was my best comeback in Madden.

i was playin my dynasty with Baylor on NCAA 2005, and I, too was down 19, I believe. 2 minutes left in the game, I score on a bomb. Try for an onsides, don't get it. But hold em (using up 2 timeouts....b/c they passed on 3rd down). I get a quick score (2 bombs--one was just a straight fly, the other was a wheel), and try for the onside again. Don't get it (I can NOT get onside kicks for the life of me). So, I use my last time out, and they run the clock out...but I still get a little time left. I get a decent punt return. Have time for one more play: Bomb! Tipped by a defender and falls in my WR's arms. I win. It was amazing. And I had a witness: my brother.

It was on All-American.

And against Texas A&M (who was ranked #22)...I was ranked in the 90s...(Baylor's 1st season on my dynasty).

I really hate football games, but I'm addicted.

They really aren't realistic, and they never will be. There is too much that goes on, unnoticed (like converting routes based on coverages, finding "windows", changing blocking schemes ALONG with hot routes, and rolling into different coverages on defense according to formations, motions, shifts, etc.).

My greatest comeback was when I was the Browns and I was playing the steelers. I am down 35-7 with 250 left in the 3rd. 5 min quaters. I take the kickoff back 4 a td w/ northcutt. They get the ball back and on the first play they try to throw underneath but davis picks maddox off ant the 40. On the opening play off the 4th William Green has a one yard td run. 35-21. They get the ball run it three times and punt. 1st play off the drive w/ 310 left i throw an 72 yard bomb to K2. 35-28. They get the ball back run it 2 times and throw a PA bomb to Hines Ward for a TD. 42-28 with 250 left and i have one TO. I try three pass plays and all are incomplete. On 4th and 1- from my own 20 Garcia runs for 40 yars to there 40 and a first. 3 plays later K2 catches a 35 yard TD pass w/ 157 left. 42-35. Try on onsides dont get it. They run it three times and i use my last time out. With 52 seconds left and 4th and 1 on my 39 they go for it they run a sweep to staley and davis stop him for a 2 yard loss i get the ball. I dink and dunk to there 22 with 12 seconds left. Garcia throws a prayer to northcutt who tips it right into K2's hands and we are tied going to OT 42 UP. They win the toss throw a 10 yard pass to ward. BUT ON THE NEXT Play Maddox throws a pass that is picked off and i take it in for 6 and win 48-42 in OT!!!!!

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.