why the marlins need to win tonight

mafatumatt

With Sanfran going for wins 7 and 8 in a row (and probably getting them considering their competition in the expos), if the Marlins lose today they may be 7 games out of the Wild Card. That is an incredibly large gap. The players are going to need to rebound from last night's horrendous 7th inning, and play hard to get this win, to stay within reasonable range in the playoff hunt.

That being said, there was some very negative commentary towards me on the game thread last night, when I said I was not up for the 8th inning rally. While I believe the Marlins can make the playoffs, I thought they were dead in the water last night after that 7th, and wouldnt be able to rebound so quickly. IowaMarlinFan made rude comments, and Admin got on my back too. While I respect Admin for making this website, where all the Marlins fans can communicate and express their opinions, I find it unfair that you can't state your opinion if it goes against winning a game. I am sorry I am not as optimistic, but yes, I still believe, because I feel as a fan you must. My point is, when I read the forums for 2 months before posting, I saw many users get treated like idiots because they felt the Marlins couldn't pull it off. Everyone has their own opinion and I feel certain users on this forum do not have enough respect for eachother, as they'll continually bash another user because of their set of opinions on the fish. I thought this was supposed to be a forum for all Marlins fans, and baseball fans for that matter to feel free to speak their mind on baseball, but I guess it isn't that free. Sorry about the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest. And once again, I do respect Admin for making the site, as it has created a meeting place for all fans of the Fish.

If I am banned for speaking my mind in the previous paragraph, so be it. I felt it needed to be said after the commentary aimed towards me last night.

You're putting up the worse possible scenario of a DH sweep by San Fran and a loss by us as extremely plausible when it's not. Most likely all 3 won't happen that way even if it's possible.

Look at this way. If we win and they split (most likely scenario) we gain a half game. If we lose and they split we only lose a half of game. Lots of different things can happen. Saying 7 is being extremely pessimistic.

That being said, there was some very negative commentary towards me on the game thread last night, when I said I was not up for the 8th inning rally. While I believe the Marlins can make the playoffs, I thought they were dead in the water last night after that 7th, and wouldnt be able to rebound so quickly. IowaMarlinFan made rude comments, and Admin got on my back too. While I respect Admin for making this website, where all the Marlins fans can communicate and express their opinions, I find it unfair that you can't state your opinion if it goes against winning a game. I am sorry I am not as optimistic, but yes, I still believe, because I feel as a fan you must. My point is, when I read the forums for 2 months before posting, I saw many users get treated like idiots because they felt the Marlins couldn't pull it off. Everyone has their own opinion and I feel certain users on this forum do not have enough respect for eachother, as they'll continually bash another user because of their set of opinions on the fish. I thought this was supposed to be a forum for all Marlins fans, and baseball fans for that matter to feel free to speak their mind on baseball, but I guess it isn't that free. Sorry about the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest. And once again, I do respect Admin for making the site, as it has created a meeting place for all fans of the Fish.

516932[/snapback]

most fans dont give up every time you are down after 6 innings... you seem to do this alot or as I believe you once said "I am a man who goes by statistics"

i dont know, i think the marlins have a win in them, but not the expos, and yes, i did say the worst possible scenario because you have to view things as the worst they can happen when you are in the playoff race, so the players see how important the win is... i dont know how likely a scenario is of a split with the expos/giants, but you can always hope.

516932[/snapback]

most fans dont give up every time you are down after 6 innings... you seem to do this alot or as I believe you once said "I am a man who goes by statistics"

516955[/snapback]

yes, i did say that. do i need to be bashed for saying it? thats my point. and i still believe in the statistics, which is another reason why you have to believe the marlins can make it.

I didnt expect to be banned, but I dont know how it would be taken.

I agree that Ramp is right, but I'll go with the way I view things. If its a close game, sure I'm going to think we can do it till the very end. But if it's 6-0 as it was that night, I just have trouble thinking we're going to pull it off.

and for the record, I think the Expos are the home team in Game 2

:w00t

edit: or are atleast supposed to be

516963[/snapback]

are the expos the home team in that game in september against us also? i think it was originally at joe robbie but i dont remember.

just dont bring the negativity into the thread, thats all you got to do

516971[/snapback]

but there's the issue. Why can't people disagree with you? So what if I have different opinions, I think I'm just as free to say them. And I really don't want to start an even bigger argument over this, but why can't we say what we want regarding the marlins? its not like im bashing other members on the board or taking personal shots at anyone.

and for the record, I think the Expos are the home team in Game 2

:w00t

edit: or are atleast supposed to be

516963[/snapback]

are the expos the home team in that game in september against us also? i think it was originally at joe robbie but i dont remember.

516970[/snapback]

just saw on espn the expos are suoppose to be the home team for one of their DH games today but the commish or someone said that they didnt want to mess things up so the expos got screwed out of a home game and the giants get an extra home game. Interesting note on that the expos thought of forefitting beacuse they got snubbed there home game

Damn commishiner is a giants fan

516932[/snapback]

516955[/snapback]

yes, i did say that. do i need to be bashed for saying it? thats my point. and i still believe in the statistics, which is another reason why you have to believe the marlins can make it.

516958[/snapback]

i certainly can't blame anyone who became extremely discouraged, either about that game or about our season, after that bases-loaded debacle.

516932[/snapback]

516955[/snapback]

516958[/snapback]

i certainly can't blame anyone who became extremely discouraged, either about that game or about our season, after that bases-loaded debacle.

517041[/snapback]

glad to see someone understands me.

So why exactly did you start this thread? Just so you can try and gather up supporters because you feel as if you are being bashed? This is OT.