Critical Stretch II

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Well folks I'm back again and this time it means business....23 of our next 30 at home....the season on the line....We quickly move to the predictions....

3 vs. SF -- Schmidt not starting is huge....Fish move their rotation around hoping for the sweep but I just can't see it happening. Noah Lowry becomes the next in the line of mediocre starters to become Cy Young...Fish go 2-1. (Actual: 1-2....Brett Tomko looked like Cy Young.)

3 vs. Colo -- Sweep...no doubt about it...Valdez pitches his best game as a Marlin and the Rockies offense goes cold....Lo Duca hits a game winner in the 9th in one of the games off Chacon.....3-0. (Actual: 3-0....Ish did pitch his best game as a Marlin and there was no need for Chacon this series.)

4 @ NYM -- With me in attendance for two of the games, The Fish offense explodes for 25 runs vs. a rancid Mets team. Still the sweep eludes them as Aaron Heilman shuts em down....3-1 (Actual: 4-0....Heilman doesn't pitch. Fish score exactly 25 runs. On pace now for my prediction.)

3 vs. CHC -- Prior nor Wood will be starting here due to injuries...We still only win 2 of 3 as either Clement or Maddux will win....2-1

3 vs. NYM -- SWEEP...No mercy taken by the Marlins as they hold the metropolitans to under double digits in runs...probably score 7 runs this whole series....Fish score 21....recipe for a sweep. (Actual: 2-1...Marlins score 10 runs but the Mets scored 7. Ish didnt pitch so well so the sweep didnt come.)

3 @ CHC -- This will be our toughest series but the son of Bartman catches a foul ball and the Fish come away with 2 of 3. Prior gets shelled by the Fish but they pull it out due to a bad outing by his cockiness Josh. (Actual: 2-1...Technically i was correct here because one of the games was a Marlins "home" game. Josh pitches well and Prior does too. Fish came to play this series!)

5 vs. Mon -- The Fish take four of five from Montreal and score 40 runs in the process. I just can't give them the sweep..4-1 (Actual: 3-2...The schedule is starting to get to them. Nate Bump loses the game that may have made this prediction right but of course I expected that.)

3 vs. Atl -- First losing series of the bunch.....Bravos take 2 of 3 causing Fish fans on this board to leap off Bridges....Fear not though

3 vs. Phi -- SWEEP....Like anything else could happen...The Sillies are done by now and are playing out the string...

Overall: 23-7

By the end of this stretch, they will be 2 games up in the wild card race...

SF's record during that 30: 16-14

SD's record: 15-15

CHC's record: 16-14...

The Standings:

Fla 85-67

SF 85-71

CHC 83-70

SD 80-73

Last time I made predictions, I would have been on target if not for those damn Expos. :banghead

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.