Assuming we can move Encarnacion

Ramp

you're 2005 starting RF is(in my wonderful dreamland)....

Juan Gonzalez

yes theee soon to be 35 year old, Juan Gonzalez

the Royals did not feel like picking up his $7mil option(holy s*** Baird has a brain?!?!) making him a FA for this upcoming season

Now I know you are thinking that his best days are behind him and he is an injury concern.... well... you could be right but I think for anywhere from $1-2mil he is worth the gamble and could come up HUGE in the long run

I mean this is a guy, if healthy, absolutely crushes the ball to all fields

and if he fails or gets injured we always have uber rookie Chris Aguila to step in

anyway tell me what you think.... he could be the big shtick we need.

If we could sign him for a 1-year deal at 1-2 million, that's cool. I'd rather spend extra dough and go after JD Drew or Magglio, though. We need another legit bat to team with Cabrera for the future.

581580[/snapback]

rumor is that Ordonez might not even be ready for Opening Day(although he says otherwise)

as much as I would like either one of them, I dont know if that is truly feasible right now

If we could sign him for a 1-year deal at 1-2 million, that's cool.? I'd rather spend extra dough and go after JD Drew or Magglio, though.? We need another legit bat to team with Cabrera for the future.

581580[/snapback]

rumor is that Ordonez might not even be ready for Opening Day(although he says otherwise)

as much as I would like either one of them, I dont know if that is truly feasible right now

581583[/snapback]

1. Is that the White Sox rumors? Or something legit? I haven't heard that.

2. I don't think we have the dough to sign either as well, sigh.... :confused

I would like to get a Left handed hitter if possible and if not just let Aguila play RF. Gonzalez would be a liability in the outfield and I don't see him being too productive at his age. He is also Injury Prone. I don't think a small market team should take a chance on a guy who might not even see the field even for a slim 1 or 2 mil.

Beats me. Don't mind me. I just want to sign a stud player. The last true stud we signed or traded for was freakin' Sheffield (not a big Alou fan). I'm still pissed we didn't try to sign Vlad and at least offer a 7 year $70 million deal before the Angels got involved. We probably could have got him. :mad :

Beats me. Don't mind me. I just want to sign a stud player. The last true stud we signed or traded for was freakin' Sheffield (not a big Alou fan). I'm still pissed we didn't try to sign Vlad and at least offer a 7 year $70 million deal before the Angels got involved. We probably could have got him. :mad :

581590[/snapback]

well we did get Pudge..... and did go after Clemens too...

so its not like they havent tried

Beats me.? Don't mind me.? I just want to sign a stud player.? The last true stud we signed or traded for was freakin' Sheffield (not a big Alou fan).? I'm still pissed we didn't try to sign Vlad and at least offer a 7 year $70 million deal before the Angels got involved.? We probably could have got him.? :mad :

581590[/snapback]

well we did get Pudge..... and did go after Clemens too...

so its not like they havent tried

581593[/snapback]

I should have stated that better. We haven't signed a stud FA to a long term deal since Sheffield.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.