Anyone been to Asia?

JetsMania

Well, out of the places you listed I've been to Dehli. It was pretty cool...there are a couple sites that I'd be a little afraid to check out without a guide (like the oldest, or at least one of the oldest, mosques in Asia). But overall it's pretty safe and there's plenty to see. And, even better, you're only about a 3 hour train ride from Agra, which is plain awesome.

I've also been to China and Thailand, and might be able to answer some of your questions about those places, if you're interested.

I've been to Dubai. It's really nice and fun, and if you go in the winter, it's not too hot. Winter is the high season, though. It's gorgeous, and I was tempted to spend all of my time in the jewelry/watch markets. They have beautiful jewels for relatively good deals. I'd suggest it. It's very western and friendly, too, so there's nothing to worry about. I've always had a good time.

singapore is definitely the most western of the places you listed, so if you're looking for the most comfort, it sounds like a solid choice.

out of those places, i've been to delhi and dubai (though dubai only for a layover).

delhi would probably be the most memorable just because of the mandatory trip to agra, but i think it requires a bit of an adventurous personality to tackle. it's not the kind of place i'd recommend to just any would-be western tourist. that said, there's a hell of a lot to see.

dubai, imo, is overrated. it's more the kind of place a woman--particularly one who likes to buy things--would enjoy. there isn't much to do there apart from shopping and getting nuked by the sun.

I dont want to go to Japan because I will do a seperate trip there. I am taking a course called Doing Business in china, we meet for half a semester, then go for 12 days to china for 6 credits. You cant beat that.

My original plan was Dubai and Cairo after Bangkok. But then I was think that they are probably like 4-5 hours farther away then India. Also I will eventually do a trip to Cairo and Dubai, so I might as well save them for later.

I decided to extend my trip by 12 days. So 2 days will be Hong Kong and 3 days Bangkok. So I have 7 days to fill.

These are some senarios I have put together. Singapore for 2-3 days, Kuala Lampur for 2 and Ho Chi Minh for 2-3. The other option is Delhi and Bombay for a week. Or I could do some sort of combination.

Is there any place that I must see that I havent mentioned?