Best CD of All Time

Guest Juanky

Vote for the best CD of all time. The album with the least votes will be eliminated, with the other three advancing. Polls close Saturday night.

The List So Far:

#10-

Are You Experienced?, The Jimi Hendrix Experience

#9-

Revolver, The Beatles

#8-

All Eyez On Me, Tupac

#7-

Appetite for Destruction, Guns N' Roses

#6-

Thriller, Michael Jackson

#5-

The Wall, Pink Floyd

Abbey Road, The Beatles

- "Come Together" (Old cellphone company used this)

- "I Want You (So Heavy)"

- "Something"

Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin

- "Stairway to Heaven"

- "Rock and Roll" (Cadillac commercial)

- "Battle of Evermore"

The Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd

- "Speak to Me/Breathe"

- "Time"

- "Money" (In The Italian Job)

Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

- "Suck My Kiss"

- "Give It Away"

- "Under the Bridge"

How could you not vote on your bias? I thought that was the whole point of this thread. So you're voting for who other people say is the best? Now that's pretty foolish. I like who I like and not who other people tell me to like. I like Pink Floyd and I like Led Zepplin but they're not my favorite. My favorite CD is BSSM, and that's who i vote for.

People are getting too elitist...all the classic rock blowhards need to relax, there was great music after Led Zeppelin

No one defined what 'best' meant. Musically there have been artists who shouldn't have advanced to the point they did in other polls including Elvis and Marley.

There's alot more to being great including music diversity, band influence, originality, lyrics, mass appeal...etc

Flea and Frusciante are incredible musicians, Flea is easily in the discussion of greatest bassists ever. That album was one of its kind, incredibly revolutionary.

Is Blood Sugar Sex Magik the best selling album of the best band of all time? :blink:

Was it on the charts for 15 years? :blink:

Does it have arguably the best song of all time? :blink:

No, no, and no. :whistle

670641[/snapback]

Well if you want to go by mass appeal then you must think that

Shania Twain's Come on Over is a better album than anything by the Beatles, Metallica, The Doors, and Hendrix...

Some people are voting based on musical talent others on mass appeal...others on a mix of things and others yet because they just like the album...

It's a bit hypocritical to not have a definition for what 'best' means and then to criticize someone's reasons for voting for who they did.

People are getting too elitist...all the classic rock blowhards need to relax, there was great music after Led Zeppelin

No one defined what 'best' meant. Musically there have been artists who shouldn't have advanced to the point they did in other polls including Elvis and Marley.

There's alot more to being great including music diversity, band influence, originality, lyrics, mass appeal...etc

Flea and Frusciante are incredible musicians, Flea is easily in the discussion of greatest bassists ever. That album was one of its kind, incredibly revolutionary.

670557[/snapback]

I agree with you on the RHCP, im nto dissing how great of a band they are, I think they rock personally and are in my top 5 bands, but there CD simply isnt on the same level of the ones still i nthe running.

BTW, thank you cobain for disproving the mass appeal argument, the stupidest way to judge how good a CD is. props on that.