Do you watch Cops?

miami15

I do sometimes when i get a chance. I dont like the fact they think they are so mighty. its so annoying.

689884[/snapback]

I know, they're only lawmen :plain

689894[/snapback]

Its not that. they take it a bit too far. maybe they dont show it in the show, i dont know cuz i hardly watch it. But they have changed since 10 years or so, or maybe cuz ive never noticed. now they take privelage into beating people up. mostly hispanics and blacks.

As the son of a lawman I take offense to that. I can tell you right now that they rough up ANYONE that runs from them or has drugs. Hispanic, black, or white. Just because the crime rates are tilted towards minorities does not make cops racist for doing their jobs. Idiot.

As the son of a lawman I take offense to that. I can tell you right now that they rough up ANYONE that runs from them or has drugs. Hispanic, black, or white. Just because the crime rates are tilted towards minorities does not make cops racist for doing their jobs. Idiot.

689905[/snapback]

Right on.

I'm in a criminology class and we've studied these statistics. Crime rates are tilted towards minorities for a reason. I remember that the odds were like 1 in 36 that a black man would commit homicide. Wealthier, whiter people do commit many crimes, but generally non-violent. It's no secret that mostly minorities live in the higher crime areas.

And cops rules. Duh. I think they are happy to rough up scumbags, sure. But remember their life is in danger too. There are dicks in just about every profession.

Its not that. they take it a bit too far. maybe they dont show it in the show, i dont know cuz i hardly watch it. But they have changed since 10 years or so, or maybe cuz ive never noticed. now they take privelage into beating people up. mostly hispanics and blacks.

689902[/snapback]

:plain

I do sometimes when i get a chance. I dont like the fact they think they are so mighty. its so annoying.

:blink:

689891[/snapback]

If you would know what the job entails and who the police encounter, you would know why some officers are the way there are. Im not saying there are no bad officers, but in reality officers fight what you fear and meet the scum of life on a daily basis. Im sure your attitude and patience towards people would change somewhat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.