Bill Robinson mention in Sports Weekly

The Folklegend

In the June 8-14 edition of USA Today's Sports Weekly under the Marlins Notes:

Hitting coach Bill Robinson acknowledged that his job could be on the line, although he said that no one in the organization has made that suggestion.

"I guess I am concerned. I'll take all the blame if it'll keep pressure off of the guys that have to go up and play," he said. "Although the hitting coach doesn't hit, it's always his responsibility."

yea....but everyone else around here seems to think it's Bill Robinson's fault that we have not been able to score runs this year. Robinson has taken most of the blame for the offensive shortcomings this year and rightfully so I guess, since he is the hitting coach. But I don't think you can blame him for Lowell and Pierre's career worst slumps. Nor can you blame him for the mental lapses we have had on the field this year and I don't mean defensively. I mean how many double plays have we hit into this year? How many runners have we left on base? How many baserunners have been thrown out on stupid base runing mistakes? Are these Bill Robinson's fault? Most people on here would have you beleive so.

Guest Moneyball

yea....but everyone else around here seems to think it's Bill Robinson's fault that we have not been able to score runs this year. Robinson has taken most of the blame for the offensive shortcomings this year and rightfully so I guess, since he is the hitting coach. But I don't think you can blame him for Lowell and Pierre's career worst slumps. Nor can you blame him for the mental lapses we have had on the field this year and I don't mean defensively. I mean how many double plays have we hit into this year? How many runners have we left on base? How many baserunners have been thrown out on stupid base runing mistakes? Are these Bill Robinson's fault? Most people on here would have you beleive so.

807964[/snapback]

Don't forget last year. :thumbup