This qoute is pathetic!!!

knglover

"That Opening Day lineup, that was going to do it," said McKeon, who has watched his club go 5-6 since reverting to the original alignment. "You know these guys are better. What can I do? I can't help them. I can't hit. It's the hitter against the pitcher."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

I understand what he is saying, but as a manager you just can't say something like that. It separates him from the team and divides the club-house even more. I can't see how the front office at this point can make any other decision. Now I am sure that this is going to be spun in a million different directions, but please be polite as always. I personally think it is a matter of hours before we get word from the front office that Jack has "stepped down" and Wiley will be interim mgr.

The players know they aren't hitting, if they blame Jack for their own problems they're stupid. The only one I could understand being upset with Jack is Encarnacion, and that's only because he thinks he's played well enough to start.

If Jack leaves at this point it'll only be because he wants to.

You think it's only HOURS before Jack steps down? :blink:

I'll hold you to that in a couple of days.

Guest Moneyball

It's true what he says.

He shifted the line-up around for 6 months and nothing worked. I might not agree with him on other issues, but on this issue McKeon is right.

Let me further clarify my remarks. I think Jack is right as well, but as a manager you can't show that you are at your wits ends and there is nothing else you can do. The mind-set of the team then becomes one of expecting to lose because there is no solution to the problem. let me say it again! i agree with Jack but we are in different positions to make a comment like that. An example of this in another scenario on an extreme scale. What if Bush said "we don't have the means to win the war in Iraq". Some people might agree with him but as the captain of the ship you Can't say something like that. It's bad for moral and it shows the begining of complacency that the problem is expected and condoned. As far as only hours, That may be a little rash on my part and i appplogize but we have to all agree, changes have to be made at the upmost speed if he continues to be manager.

editors note: please don't slam me for the war comment, as i have two brothers serving over there proudly.