Penn and Henn

Admin

I wouldn't mind acquiring Penn in a trade with the Orioles, kid has a bright future. I would also like to see, if and when Sean Henn is taken off the 40 man roster(if he is, which is a big possibility if the Yanks make a few deadline moves), that he be the player we get from the Yanks(as the PTBNL). That would give us a good lefty/righty combo in the minors that can progress together.

I dont see Henn being taken off the 40 man

866472[/snapback]

Like I said theres a possibility if they make trades(which King George is likely to do) and they need to make room. I dont know why we didn't just ask for him for Leiter.

We're not getting a PTBNL, we're getting $400,000.

866499[/snapback]

Well that stinks...I'd much rather have Henn. I think we should of said if you want Leiter give us Henn(a vetern lefty with sucess at the MLB level vs. a lefty prospect that got roughed up in his 3 starts). I think Cashman would of said yes and George would of approved, and I am suprised it wasn't discussed with George not liking youngsters and our orginizations love affair with young lefty pitching prospects.

Sean Henn, LHP prospect, New York Yankees

866499[/snapback]

Well that stinks...I'd much rather have Henn. I think we should of said if you want Leiter give us Henn(a vetern lefty with sucess at the MLB level vs. a lefty prospect that got roughed up in his 3 starts). I think Cashman would of said yes and George would of approved, and I am suprised it wasn't discussed with George not liking youngsters and our orginizations love affair with young lefty pitching prospects.

866510[/snapback]

why would the Yankees accept that?

they could have picked up Leiter for free when we released him a few days later

Guest Juanky

are you sure i heard that we are getting a PTBNL and cash

The Yankees' press release says there's a player to be named involved, but GM Brian Cashman is saying it's a straight cash transaction. The Yankees are expected to pay $400,000 of the $2.8 million Leiter is owed over the rest of the year.

Rotoworld.com

866499[/snapback]

866510[/snapback]

why would the Yankees accept that?

they could have picked up Leiter for free when we released him a few days later

866515[/snapback]

If they wanted Leiter that badly, we should of demanded it. By the way:

Henn at Double A Trenton this season:

2 W, 1 L, 0.71 ERA, 4 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 25.1 IP, 16 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 HR, 9 BB, 21 K, .97 WHIP, 7.53 K/9, 2.33 K/BB, 6.3 IP/start

Henn at Triple A Columbus this season:

5 W, 4 L, 2.97 ERA, 12 GS, 1 CG, 1 SHO, 72.2 IP, 65 H, 29 R, 24 ER, 3 HR, 21 BB, 49 K, 1.19 WHIP, 6.11 K/9, 2.33 K/BB, 6.02 IP/start

Henn at MLB Yankees this season:

0 W, 3 L, 11.12 ERA, 3 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 11.1 IP, 18 H, 16 R, 14 ER, 3 HR, 11 BB, 3 K, 2.61 WHIP, 2.43 K/9, .27 K/BB, 3.7 IP/start

So yes the kid needs seasoning, but his minor league stats are very impressive, and being called up to pitch in New York might have SOMETHING to do with his poor performance at the MLB level, because his AA and AAA stats are pretty consistent.