The keep AJ thread

I guess it depends on what your definition of "a lot more" is on whether or not I'd take that bet.? I'm still betting he gets around 6, but absolutely no more than 8.? And I still think that's high for his track record.? The guy has 43 career wins counting this year.? I don't care how much potential he has, he is a big, big risk if you throw that much money at him.? He's still a thrower, and not a pitcher.? I don't think you give throwers that much money.?

But hey, if I end up being wrong, that's fine.? If it takes anymore than 8 million/year to sign him, I don't want him to stay in Florida.? I just don't think you throw that much money at someone who MIGHT be great.

867625[/snapback]

Well, getting "no more than $6 million/year" is different from "no more than $8 milion/year." I still think he'll get quite a bit more than $8 million/year, but I wouldn't be shocked if the market colluded and held him to that amount.

867628[/snapback]

No chance he gets $6 million, but I see him getting the same contract Penny got: 3 years with a vesting option for the fourth year, averaging $8 mil a season if he's healthy...

If we could wager on these things I would gladly wager a bundle that AJ will command at least a 4 year 40 million contract. He'll probably get a 3/36 or 4/48. Curt Schilling considers him the pitcher with the best stuff in baseball, and many agree. He just needs to "figure it out" as they say.