July 21, 200521 yr Beinfest said it's busy.... ...but we hear nothing. Makes you wonder if something is closer than we think More than likely Beinfest is gonna wait for someone to blink. And someone will...
July 21, 200521 yr I fear Beinfest believes the Orioles have the best offer and is waiting on Angelos to come to a decision
July 22, 200521 yr Author I fear Beinfest believes the Orioles have the best offer and is waiting on Angelos to come to a decision 869281[/snapback] Though I don't love the offer the O's have made is it the end of the world if they pick up 100% of Lowell's contract? AJ+Lowell next season will make $16.5M-18.5M combined. Julio and Bigbie will make less than $5M combined. We gain $11M-$13M in payroll flexability while we add a capable reliever, MLB bat and a top prospect. That's not so bad.
July 22, 200521 yr From what I understand, Lowell's due about $21 million over the next two seasons. It's a lot for the O's to take on. Not prohibitative, but after the Sosa move, Angelos is a little trigger-shy for a guy that's being a serious offensive detriment.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.