Half-Life 2 Ending

MarlinsFan253

Well the ending of Half Life 2 is also the beginning of something much greater. The Combine presence on Earth is crippled and the G-Man comes in in the nick of time to save Gordon.

Unfortunately you don't know yet where this will lead, if Gordon will be put back to sleep until he is needed again (much like he was awoken to fight the City 17 crisis) and you are not quite sure where the G-Man fits into all of this.

May I also suggest that you take a look at this site as it contains the full story of Half-Life up to this point and tries to explain the ending a little bit better. Unfortunately, we are just going to have to wait for the expansion pack or HL3 to find out what happens next...

Half Life Story

Well the ending of Half Life 2 is also the beginning of something much greater. The Combine presence on Earth is crippled and the G-Man comes in in the nick of time to save Gordon.

Unfortunately you don't know yet where this will lead, if Gordon will be put back to sleep until he is needed again (much like he was awoken to fight the City 17 crisis) and you are not quite sure where the G-Man fits into all of this.

May I also suggest that you take a look at this site as it contains the full story of Half-Life up to this point and tries to explain the ending a little bit better. Unfortunately, we are just going to have to wait for the expansion pack or HL3 to find out what happens next...

Half Life Story

884808[/snapback]

Good information. :) Thanks a lot!

I still think Doom 3 was better. That game REALLY locked me in and scared the hell out of me. It felt too real at times which is what I think made it better for me. I do wish that ID would make a game with some beautiful scenery though, you don't get that in Doom 3. That is definitely one area where HL2 takes the cake.

You know I thought that Doom 3 was good, but HL2 was the end all and be all. I guess maybe because it had a story involved and it really surrounded you in the middle of this major battle for the future of the Earth. Doom 3 felt too much like an old school shooter (and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that) in that it was more of a 'shoot everything in sight and finish the game'.

I guess you can't go wrong with either one though. :thumbup

You know I thought that Doom 3 was good, but HL2 was the end all and be all. I guess maybe because it had a story involved and it really surrounded you in the middle of this major battle for the future of the Earth. Doom 3 felt too much like an old school shooter (and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that) in that it was more of a 'shoot everything in sight and finish the game'.

885108[/snapback]

Yeah, that is true too. That is part of the reason I love the Deus Ex series so much. The stories are great. I love those games. I don't think ID has ever spent much time on creating a story for their games.

885108[/snapback]

I completely agree. Half Life 2 had me hooked from the start and had a lot of variety in the gameplay (I love the boat part). And the last level was just amazing. I'm actually playing through it again.

I guess you can't go wrong with either one though.? :thumbup

885108[/snapback]

I completely agree. Half Life 2 had me hooked from the start and had a lot of variety in the gameplay (I love the boat part). And the last level was just amazing. I'm actually playing through it again.

886817[/snapback]

I played through the original Deus Ex 4 or 5 times. As for Invisible War, I am on my second time through it playing as the female Alex Denton this time.

So did Alyx die in that explosion at the end of HL2? :(

886944[/snapback]

:shifty

Oh and I've actually gone back and replayed Half-Life 2 several times whereas I've only played through Doom 3 once. Btw, has anyone picked up the expansion pack for Doom 3 and if so, is it any good?

886944[/snapback]

:shifty

Oh and I've actually gone back and replayed Half-Life 2 several times whereas I've only played through Doom 3 once. Btw, has anyone picked up the expansion pack for Doom 3 and if so, is it any good?

887129[/snapback]

I have the Doom 3 expansion set. It is alright. I think the original game is better, but it is fun to have new places to play through and they even do their version of HL2's gravity gun which I thought was an excellent part of that game.

886944[/snapback]

Well she is in the new expansion pack that takes place right after HL2 ends... so

888283[/snapback]

When will that be released? I can't find a lot of info on it. Then again, I haven't even tried Vavle's website.

888331[/snapback]

No date has been announced just yet, so stay tuned :mischief

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.