Chat argument

Guest Moneyball

Guest FishFanInPA

This is the discussion we're having in the chat....I think the fact that Moehler has hit the wall is a bigger problem then Lowell's struggles whom Guru wants to send down to the minors for Dillon....

Simple, Moehler.

You can recover from having a slumping player in the lineup (we've found a way to win with almost two automatic outs in Pierre and Lowell for sometime).

However, you simply cannot recover when a pitcher finds a way to cough up early leads, or pitch in tight (read, more than one runner on) spots in seemingly every inning. Not to mention, starting pitching sets the tone for the game. Good early on, and the offense responds...bad, and well, you're in for a long night.

Finally, with Moehler seemingly unable to win a close game, it makes it tough to keep a winning streak rolling when every third day is an "either score 10 or we lose" game.

At least Lowell still contributes something (defense) I don't think Moehler's really good for much right now...

Guest FishFanInPA

thank you Swift.....Lowell's defense is crucial on a team built around pitching and defense and Moehler's struggles just don't help things out...If Olsen wasnt hurt, i'd call him back up in a heartbeat.

A journeyman 4th starter that pitches every 5 days has a bigger impact than an $8 millon dollar, All Star 3d baseman, playing every day and batting .240?

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no argument here.

891881[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

Btw, feel free to come in our chat and join our argument.

Guest Moneyball

Personally, I'm just so overcome with gratitude that you grand poobah's in "chat" would deem to ask the opinion of us lowly ones down here............I'm just unable to focus and give a reasoned answer.

891914[/snapback]

uh.... what?

891943[/snapback]

Yeah that's what I thought.

Anyone can get in on the chat, it's not VIP.

A journeyman 4th starter that pitches every 5 days has a bigger impact than an $8 millon dollar, All Star 3d baseman, playing every day and batting .240?

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no argument here.

891881[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

Btw, feel free to come in our chat and join our argument.

891949[/snapback]

It doesn't matter who is getting paid more, or who is playing what position with what expectations.

Pitching performance is exponentially more important than one offensive player's production. A pitcher is involved in every single play, a thirdbaseman is lucky to get 8 put outs a game, and 4 at bats.

Games are not won and lost on one at bat...it's that simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.