Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Beckett's Health

Featured Replies

I dont know if much has been said about his shoulder injury on this board. If the Red Sox were still hesitant to take on Josh Beckett that they made us give them Guillermo Mota as well, do you think there might be something more serious on the horizon for Josh?

 

I mean, as long as he has enough Stan's Blister Cream© he should be fine, but all this talk about his shoulder has to make you think a little bit.

I dont know if much has been said about his shoulder injury on this board. If the Red Sox were still hesitant to take on Josh Beckett that they made us give them Guillermo Mota as well, do you think there might be something more serious on the horizon for Josh?

 

I mean, as long as he has enough Stan's Blister Cream? he should be fine, but all this talk about his shoulder has to make you think a little bit.

 

 

Hmmm...I'm thinking Beinfest has made a very shrewd deal.

 

:mischief2

Maybe the shoulder question was part of the reason Beinfest didn't want to give Beckett a long term deal and instead chose to build around Willis.

 

Well, that, and a desire to get rid of Lowell by attaching Beckett to him along with Willis having more years under club control.

Well, the fact that he was shut down with shoulder tendinitis in 2000 or 2001 have to be a cause for concern since it seems it may be popping up again, but most of Beckett's injuries have been flukey in nature (other than the blisters).

 

I think the Red Sox will avoid signing a long term deal this offseason, giving Beckett a year to show his health, but I wouldn't be expecting a shoulder breakdown. I mean, Andrews loves to schedule exploratory surgery and he let Beckett walk with a clean bill of health, to me, that says more than two MRI's.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.