Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Edge's Segment

Featured Replies

Anyone else think that it was pretty classless by the WWE to be disrespecting Terry Gordy like that?

 

I mean the guy died years ago... let him rest in peace. Shame on Michael Hayes for perticipating in it too.

 

If they want to build an angle of leyends vs the new generation (which is the impression I got), don't be bringing out the dead.

 

 

On another thought, anyone think that this may be the beginning of a final run by the surviving Freebirds? I think Buddy Jack is a mess but Jimmy Garvin can still wrestle. Maybe Vince can join them with Kevin Von Erich for a god old fashioned World Class Championship Wrestling six- man brawl.

I didn't like that segment at all, especially since WWE is just coming off of Eddie G.'s death. You spend a whole show with wrestlers reminiscing about their memories of Eddie, then you go and make fun of somebody's long dead, long time, tag team partner ON THE SAME SHOW where Chavo is unbeatable now using Eddie's moves. Double standards. I think I read somewhere that Edge can say whatever he wants during his "show", so I don't know if Hayes knew they were going to bring up Gordy, but shame on the whole segment. And I'm usually pretty thick skinned when it comes to some of the nonsense they try to pull off in WWE. IIRC, Vince and the Freebirds never really got along; the Freebirds didn't last too long in WWE and Gordy, as "The Executioner", was served up to the Undertaker as jobbing fodder, after he was already physically diminished. IMO a young healthy Gordy can put most of the current WWE "stars" to shame. I never saw a guy that big, that fast. As for the surviving Freebirds, I think Buddy Roberts has throat cancer or something along those lines, and I haven't seen Garvin in years. Also, Hayes is about 350 pounds right now so I just hope this was a one time thing. I DO agree they should use Hayes more as an announcer or something, but his in-ring days are long past.

Then they go and have his son job in less than 30 seconds to the boogeyman, so it wasn't the best week for The Gordy family.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.