Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dan Maroone

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dan Maroone

  1. No one really cares about the WBC. It's completely meaningless in the U.S. That is something I will never understand. Why do Americans hate international competition?
  2. Yeah, I saw this article this morning too, awesome Pending some kind of success (Sidearm knuckler, wtf) I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a HUGE name and play in the WBC and all that jazz... she was drafted in a new independent league that's trying to get attention. Let's not go overboard. lol Either way, it would be pretty awesome if she was pitching in the WBC!!!! My God!!! Why would you say that? Some of us and a lot of people in the world actually care about the WBC and see it as a true World Championship. Why would you want it ruined with a "Danica Patrick" type stunt?
  3. I would be interested to know if the father's parents were willing to consent to marriage, otherwise it could explain why they are not yet married. If this is true, I don't see how religious hardlines will vote for McCain. It also speaks volumes on the way McCain makes decisions. This demonstrates a complete failure to understand evangelicals. Not all, just the extreme ones who preach moral values to the world, and bash everybody until the shiite hits home. Then they ask for compassion and understanding. And this was the bunch that Palin was suppose to appeal to. You still demonstrate a complete failure to understand. The age of consent in AK is 16 She is keeping the baby She is getting married Not a single person on this board has any idea if the father's parents were willing to consent to a marriage, if not then they had to wait to marry until he was 18. Biblical law on premartial sex indicates that it needs to result in marriage anyhow and these two are not violating this in the least. I happen to be pretty impressed with Palin, but I think her presence on the national stage is 4-8 years too early, though I think Obama's is at least that too early as well. I am also not worried about her ability to "face" anyone, she is pretty tough. Look man, you can spin it all you want. Fact is that age of consent has nothing to do with the issue. When you run on a values platform and openly try to court the values crowd you can't have these skeletons in your closet. It also hints that in order to further her political carreer, she ignored what her own children were doing. Another no-no to the family values platform that is supposed to put family above all. Also, can you tell me what impresses you about her? The fact that she can fish and hunt? That she was the mayor of a city with a population of 9,000? How is she tough? Do you actually think she can handle Vladimir Putin and the Mullahs in Iran? Because I hope you realize that with McCains age and bill of health, it is very likely that she will en up finishing his term.
  4. I would be interested to know if the father's parents were willing to consent to marriage, otherwise it could explain why they are not yet married. If this is true, I don't see how religious hardlines will vote for McCain. It also speaks volumes on the way McCain makes decisions. This demonstrates a complete failure to understand evangelicals. Not all, just the extreme ones who preach moral values to the world, and bash everybody until the shiite hits home. Then they ask for compassion and understanding. And this was the bunch that Palin was suppose to appeal to. Sorry that your Palin ship is sinking down. I'm glad it is. I don't want this person being a heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the world ,being in charge of facing Putin, Chavez, Bin Laden, Kim-Jung, etc. At least if Obama does something stupid, Biden is there to stop him. And I'm not so sure about McCain's mental stability either. It pains me to say these things because I'm a lifelong Republican. But right now the party is down the drain and needs a complete re-boot.
  5. Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 11:58 AM by Mark Murray Filed Under: 2008, Palin From NBC's Mark Murray Reuters: "The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child. Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain. Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said. 'We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us,' the Palins' statement said. 'Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional Taken from MSNBC.com If this is true, I don't see how religious hardlines will vote for McCain. It also speaks volumes on the way McCain makes decisions.
  6. Ark. Dems' party chairman killed in shooting Suspect also shot and killed during chase; motive for attack unknown The Associated Press updated 6:30 p.m. ET, Wed., Aug. 13, 2008 LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A man barged into the Arkansas Democratic headquarters and opened fire Wednesday, fatally shooting the state party chairman before speeding off in his pickup. Police later shot and killed the suspect after a 30-mile chase. Police said they don't know the motive for the 51-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released. They said Chairman Bill Gwatney, 48, died four hours later at University Hospital in Little Rock after the midday shooting near the state Capitol. Witnesses said the gunman entered the party offices shortly before noon and said he wanted to see Gwatney about volunteering. Party officials said the man forced his way into Gwatney's office and fired three shots, then fled in a blue truck. "He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," said 17-year-old party volunteer Sam Higginbotham. He said the man then pushed past employees to reach the chairman's office, where he fired three times. Gwatney, a former state senator and a Hillary Rodham Clinton superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention this month in Denver, had served 10 years as a state senator. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, issued a statement calling the 49-year-old Gwatney "not only a strong chairman of Arkansas' Democratic Party, but he is also a cherished friend and confidante." After the midday shooting, the suspect was chased into Grant County, south of the capital, and apprehended after being shot. Police fired at the man but it wasn't known whether he also suffered self-inflicted injuries. Moments before the Democratic headquarters shooting, a man with a gun threatened the building manager of the Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters seven blocks east. It wasn't known if the incidents were related. Dan Jordan, the denomination's business manager, said the building manager asked the man what was wrong and that he said "I lost my job." Capitol lockdown The state Capitol was locked down for about an hour until police got word the shooter had been captured, said Arkansas State Capitol police Sgt. Charlie Brice. Karen Ray, executive director of the Republican Party of Arkansas, sent her workers home early "out of an abundance of caution." "Our hearts go out to everyone at the Democratic headquarters. What a tragedy," Ray said. "This is just a very upsetting, troubling and scary thing for our staff as well." An impromptu vigil at University Hospital drew Gov. Mike Beebe and a number of state legislators who had worked with Gwatney. House Majority Leader Steve Harrelson was at the state Capitol for a news conference on crime and that he didn't know of anyone who would want to harm Gwatney. "You never think of something like this happening here in Arkansas," Harrelson said. Sarah Lee, a sales clerk at a flower shop across street from the party headquarters, said that around noon Gwatney's secretary ran into the shop and asked someone to call 911. Lee said the secretary told her the man had come into the party's office and asked to speak with Gwatney. When the secretary said she wouldn't allow him to meet with Gwatney, the man went into his office and shot him, Lee said. FBI spokesman Steve Frazier said his agency was assisting in the investigation but could not offer any details. Last November, a distraught man wearing what appeared to be a bomb walked into a Clinton campaign office in New Hampshire and demanded to speak to the candidate about access to mental health care. A hostage drama dragged on for nearly six hours until he peacefully surrendered. The confrontation brought Clinton's campaign to a standstill just five weeks before the New Hampshire primary. Security for her was increased as a precaution. She said she did not know the suspect. Link I really find this to be disturbing, especially since just a couple of weeks ago another gunman killed several members of a church in TN because he perceived them to be 'liberal'. One caller on a radio show today, who claimed to be a psychologist with 33 years of experience, said that after listening to conservative talk radio for some time, he thought that they were laying the foundations for violence against people who describe themselves as liberal. I think that guy is right. Right now I live in Texas and the hatred that you can hear every single day in right wing radio is just unbelievable. I considered myself a Republican during the time I lived in West Palm, but after moving here I reached the conclusion that I have nothing in common with these so called conservatives. By listening to the callers it seems to me that most people who listen to these "talkshow hosts" are very hateful , frustrated and not very smart individuals.
  7. Brigada 2506 I vote for this one. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
  8. Per Fox News Ric Flair, the Nature Boy himself is also endorsing him.
  9. Personally I stop watching WWE a while back. I'm now watching AAA on Galavision.
  10. It's Thursday meaning the weekly "Fidel is a goner" rumor should occur today or tomorrow. *Calls Ninoska with a "my friend's friend in Cuba says...." story* :mischief Waiting for Cape to post a link to Perez Hilton's site.....
  11. When was the last verifiable Fidel sighting? July 26 2006. (Last year's Revolution Day speech). A few days later he handed power over to Raul.
  12. I think we have been punked. Hepefully next time it's the real thing. I do feel bad for all those cops that got called in on their day off for nothing.
  13. could it be the day that we finally open the 18 yr old bottle of HavanaClub we have at our house!? :pray :cheers :drunks I have one too. Anejo Reserva. I have it ready to open any time now.
  14. Implying that GWB is a 'dictator' is incredibly disrespectful to people actually living in a dictatorship (I have relatives or soon to be relatives who have family in North Korea). What garbage. I'm sorry but does that really matter? Most people are decent enough that they don't need to know someone personally to know hardship. Waiting for JimmieJack to write about how Kim Jung and Fidel Castro are People's Presidents and GWB is a Dictator.....
  15. Two chicks at the same time.
  16. Were not invading or occupying were taking out targets that pose a threat to us. Okay, so you would have no problems with a Chinese chopper taking out a couple of CIA operatives in Homer, Alaska who pose a threat to their national security, right? I just wanted to make sure we were clear on that. Yes because Al-Qaeda is a legitimate organization just like the CIA. Your comparison only ilustrates your ignorance in international politics and on the Somalia issue. The scenario described by you would be an actual attack on a sovereing nation by the Chinese. An Al-Qaeda training site is not a government entity of any country. In my opinion you are trying way to hard to be the controversial liberal of the board.
  17. I heard yesterday in Minute Maid Park from Samson's own mouth that they were expecting 25K in opening day. (He was telling it to some other guy as part of the FLA bashing).
  18. We had fun indeed. The drive back to Dallas sucked but had to go to work in the morning. Samson was a real a-hole dealing with the four Marlins fans in attendance.
  19. i hate this whole charade we do twice a year. Is there anything you don't hate?
  20. I wanted to post this topic to see if I was the only one seeing this. I am from Fort Worth, Texas so my first look at the Marlins was this past Friday and Saturday. During BP Cabrera walks around and does the streches half a*s it is almost embarassing to watch him out there. Then during BP he was batting fine during his first round of BP then when his second turn came up he hit like 3 balls then broke his bat on the cage and walked off the field saying F-this and F-that. I hate to say this but he is showing signs that he might either be on steroids or he will never be able to be a leader on this team. Really sucks to see this because he is my favorite player. I just cant figure out why he is acting like he does. I try to follow marlins as best as I can last year I went to Phili, Tampa Bay, Miami, Houston, San Fran and in all these places he did the same thing walking around during streches or act like he is doing them. Sometimes it is actually funny because he will be talking so much he does not even realize they have changed streches. I know he has a natural ability but still baseball is a team sport. Also on a change of subject this team looked bad against Texas seriously both games they looked like boys among men. Rangers were hitting homeruns one after another then turning double plays one after another. Vargas looked BAD! He could not even make a routine out at first when Jacobs flipped him the ball he dropped it. I really hope this is not a preview of the season I am a fan for life and I will support them regardless. Watching Cabrera hit that Grand Slam was nice though! Where you the guy wearing the Team Venezuela jersey? If so you were pretty lucky, he signed stuff for you and even shaked your hand.
  21. Is the game on at 8pm or 7pm. In one paper is said 7pm and other one said 8pm. 8:00 Eastern, 7:00 Central.
  22. I'll be there with Beetle representing the Marlinsbaseball.com community. Beetle will be posting the pics from both games next week. It should be an awesome weekend. Go Fish. :thumbup
  23. thx for the heads up Cape.... except all I hear on 1360 is the Savage Nation. :mad The Savage Nation Rules!!!!!!
  24. And to think that until last season you would get a free copy for buying the four tickets family pack (along with four hot dogs and four cokes). Maybe Loria should have kept the extra copies and now could be selling them for 100 bucks a piece to raise money for the stadium.
  25. I would love to see smoking banned. It has no usefulness, and I'm sure that secondhand smoke is real. The ingredients used in cigarettes aren't any less harmful to those who have to breathe the air around someone who is smoking. The fact is, smoking isn't much more than a legal way to commit slow suicide. Yet you want pot legalized. Who can understand you guys. I think a more realistic way to look at it is you want to impose your views on others with the excuse that "you know better than everyone else". We either live on a free society or we don't. I'm a non smoker, but I belevie if you want to smoke you should have a right to do so. This is just another example of facist California in action.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.