Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumor: Fidel is Dead

Featured Replies

There is a big rumor going around Miami that Fidel is a dead man. You won't find anything online, but some people with knowledge of what goes on in Cuba say he died.

 

Is the OB ready for the celebration?

Isn't his brother who's supposed to take over for him after he dies, an even worse person?

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

There was one last week :lol

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

 

ehhhhhhh

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

:|

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

Deaths in history are pretty important points. No shame in acknowledging this.

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

 

I wouldn't celebrate it but I'd be near ecstatic if it was true. His death wouldn't bring anything to Cuba; little sister Raul took over a year ago.

Rumor #475?

rip? :(

Don't you dare

 

i don't like fidel, but to be celebrating one man's death just doesn't feel right (even though we know what it could bring to cuba).

 

I wouldn't celebrate it but I'd be near ecstatic if it was true. His death wouldn't bring anything to Cuba; little sister Raul took over a year ago.

I agree with the first half. I wouldn't be one of those persons in the streets with a pot in one hand and a pan in another.

BREAKING: FIDEL CASTRO IS DEAD

 

My cellphone has not stopped ringing for the past ten minutes. Various sources inform that an announcement will come within the next few minutes from the Cuban government on Cuban TV and media. Stay tuned and we'll see if we've been manipulated once again or if today is the birth date of Cuba's liberty.

 

Update: Here's the deal and what I know up to now, as of 1500 hours, August 24, 2007:

 

First, South Florida Law Enforcement is on alert. An EOC (Emergency Operations Center) has been set-up and manned somewhere in Homestead.

 

Im also told Local and State government agencies have food, bottled water, and other necessities - valued in the millions - stored and/or staged in Homestead at or near the EOC.

 

I am presently verifying whether Coast Guard and DHS and Border Patrol agencies are on high alert. (Verified 01445)

 

Local News stations are abuzz, mostly on reports very much like the above, with massive law enforcemnt mobilizations throughout Dade county.

 

Local emergency medical services notified to be on alert by law enforcement agencies.

 

Im told - and still awaiting confirmation - that buses in Havana have been recalled to terminals and that Cuban workers have been sent home. (still unconfirmed 1500)

 

Again, I am loathe to publish the title as I did in this post, but I would be remiss in not telling you all what I know, right now. All of my sources are good but the Cuban government, as we all know, is masterful at controlling media and information and we should not rule out that this and last Friday's "news" have been and are feelers to see what the reactions are here, as well as who reacts within the island. If we've been duped we've been duped. If not, then bust out the champagne.

 

Once again, these may all be rumor to discredit us and other media sources. All we can do is exactly what we've been doing for quite some time now: wait and see.

From babalublog

 

The bolded part is the biggie. If that's confirmed, he's gone.

I agree with the first half. I wouldn't be one of those persons in the streets with a pot in one hand and a pan in another.

Oh come on! This is potentially the biggest party the world's seen in a long time!

I agree with the first half. I wouldn't be one of those persons in the streets with a pot in one hand and a pan in another.

Oh come on! This is potentially the biggest party the world's seen in a long time!

I'd have to buy myself a new pot. :shifty

BREAKING: FIDEL CASTRO IS DEAD

 

My cellphone has not stopped ringing for the past ten minutes. Various sources inform that an announcement will come within the next few minutes from the Cuban government on Cuban TV and media. Stay tuned and we'll see if we've been manipulated once again or if today is the birth date of Cuba's liberty.

 

Update: Here's the deal and what I know up to now, as of 1500 hours, August 24, 2007:

 

First, South Florida Law Enforcement is on alert. An EOC (Emergency Operations Center) has been set-up and manned somewhere in Homestead.

 

Im also told Local and State government agencies have food, bottled water, and other necessities - valued in the millions - stored and/or staged in Homestead at or near the EOC.

 

I am presently verifying whether Coast Guard and DHS and Border Patrol agencies are on high alert. (Verified 01445)

 

Local News stations are abuzz, mostly on reports very much like the above, with massive law enforcemnt mobilizations throughout Dade county.

 

Local emergency medical services notified to be on alert by law enforcement agencies.

 

Im told - and still awaiting confirmation - that buses in Havana have been recalled to terminals and that Cuban workers have been sent home. (still unconfirmed 1500)

 

Again, I am loathe to publish the title as I did in this post, but I would be remiss in not telling you all what I know, right now. All of my sources are good but the Cuban government, as we all know, is masterful at controlling media and information and we should not rule out that this and last Friday's "news" have been and are feelers to see what the reactions are here, as well as who reacts within the island. If we've been duped we've been duped. If not, then bust out the champagne.

 

Once again, these may all be rumor to discredit us and other media sources. All we can do is exactly what we've been doing for quite some time now: wait and see.

From babalublog

 

The bolded part is the biggie. If that's confirmed, he's gone.

 

Im thinking the new bolded part is the biggie, if confirmed, he's gone.

:|

It was confirmed to my by word of mouth. He died at 1am this morning. No official release yet. I would say the 6pm news. As a Cuban that was born on the island, but Catholic person, I don't wish him dead, but I do know things will get better sooner than later.

are any of the news channels reporting anything?

Only Channel 7 has a 4PM news hour and they are not leading off with this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.