Opening day crowd?

JetsMania

I recall hearing that most of the lower level has been completely sold out aside from seats still held for season tickets and house seats.

I'd expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 31 to 32,000.

EDIT: after checking ticketmaster, the best pair you can get is in club level b. Not too shabby.

They have sold 20,000 and expected 30,000 to 35,000 according to the Herald. That was before Loria's not saying that he preferred to stay in South Florida and before his comment about the "seriousness" of the San Antonio negotiations.

I have season tickets and will go to most of the games. But with statements like that coming form the owner I certainly understand why we won't have large crowds this year no matter how well these kids play. Lets see what he says after his "date" with the San Antonio vultures.

They have sold 20,000 and expected 30,000 to 35,000 according to the Herald. That was before Loria's not saying that he preferred to stay in South Florida and before his comment about the "seriousness" of the San Antonio negotiations.

I have season tickets and will go to most of the games. But with statements like that coming form the owner I certainly understand why we won't have large crowds this year no matter how well these kids play. Lets see what he says after his "date" with the San Antonio vultures.

I would be happy with 30,000-35,000. I am not extecting anything higher than 40,000.

Guest Juanky

FWIW, I just went on Ticketmaster and found four seats in Section 142, Row 23 ($38).

Here's something quirky, though: I searched for two and four seats in the Tank specifically, and both times it came back with seats in section 232 (Club C). Strange 1) that that section is opened and 2) that ticketmaster keeps sending me there.

EDIT: This Fish Tank thing seems to be a recurring pattern - every San Diego game sends me straight to Club C. I don't want Club C dammit!

FWIW, I just went on Ticketmaster and found four seats in Section 142, Row 23 ($38).

Here's something quirky, though: I searched for two and four seats in the Tank specifically, and both times it came back with seats in section 232 (Club C). Strange 1) that that section is opened and 2) that ticketmaster keeps sending me there.

EDIT: This Fish Tank thing seems to be a recurring pattern - every San Diego game sends me straight to Club C. I don't want Club C dammit!

You have to be real careful with Ticketmaster......Here's a little experience I had with them.

I go to Turner Field once every summer for a Marlins away series (My Mom lives there). I ordered tix online about 2 months before the 3 game series. The online site advised that there were no "Dugout" seats as there called there (Kind of like out Founders seats).....I was bummed out.......

I checked for the same seats about 5 days before game time.........Plenty of "Dugout" seats available.....but I had already purchased inferior seats 2 months prior...........Lame.

I dread the Marlins coming to Dolphins Stadium. I really hope some nice crowds show up. They need the support.

The FO should do some specials- Free Soda with a ticket purchase, Free ticket if the Marlins lose. 2 Free tickets if the Marlins win. College Night (Free drink- beer, soda, water). Kids Day (Kids get a free hot dog and drink). etc: Something to get the fans out to the game. We need to do something.

I dread the Marlins coming to Dolphins Stadium. I really hope some nice crowds show up. They need the support.

The FO should do some specials- Free Soda with a ticket purchase, Free ticket if the Marlins lose. 2 Free tickets if the Marlins win. Something to get the fans out to the game. We need to do something.

:lol I wish. Doesnt seem like Wayne would allow that and I dont think our penny pinching FO would pay for something like that.

It sucks that I wont be able to attend Opening Day. I have class that afternoon. Usually it wouldnt matter but thats the day we review for the final exam. :( :thumbdown

Ill be there the next day.

I hear the new scoreboard/video screen is worth the admission.

The FO should do some specials- Free Soda with a ticket purchase, Free ticket if the Marlins lose. 2 Free tickets if the Marlins win. Something to get the fans out to the game. We need to do something.

:lol I wish. Doesnt seem like Wayne would allow that and I dont think our penny pinching FO would pay for something like that.

That's one of the reasons the Marlins deal with Wayne is so hard to swallow...whereas teams like the Panthers are much more inclinded to give away tickets with the hope of getting you in the stadium/arena (and then purchasing food, beverages, parking, etc) - the Marlins get little revenue from those streams. The Marlins rely so much on actual ticket revenue that they are pretty much unable to offer the type of deals prviously mentioned.

:thumbdown

You have to be real careful with Ticketmaster......Here's a little experience I had with them.

I go to Turner Field once every summer for a Marlins away series (My Mom lives there). I ordered tix online about 2 months before the 3 game series. The online site advised that there were no "Dugout" seats as there called there (Kind of like out Founders seats).....I was bummed out.......

I checked for the same seats about 5 days before game time.........Plenty of "Dugout" seats available.....but I had already purchased inferior seats 2 months prior...........Lame.

That's not ticketmaster, thats the team. Teams release more tickets as the game approches so that people who couldn't get the tickets when single tickets became available will have another chance to get them. How do I know this? Because yesterday I was able to get 12 tickets to a Cubs/Cardinals game in Wirgley and if you know anything about baseball you know that Cubs/Cards have the biggest rivalry in baseball (if you say Yankees and Mets, congradulations, you've been successfully brainwashed by eastern media outlets) and tickets are impossible to get ahold of. So I am assuming the Cubs released these tickets early Tuesday morning right before I went online to check.

The Marlins don't have to do this since their tickets aren't in high demand. So for those of you who have only been to Marlins games @ Dolphin Stadium (wow, I feel pity for you), expect this if you want to go to any other ballpark.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.