Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins In Texas PICS, Part 2 - Houston

Featured Replies

Hello again from Texas...

 

We had an awesome time at Minute Maid Park yesterday, though we had to leave a bit early to drive back to Dallas (where I'm staying). Personally, I didn't like MMP as much as the ballpark in Arlington, but it's a great looking building and a fun place to visit, nevertheless. And contrary to what I had visualized in my mind, the retractable-roof structure doesn't get in the way that much as far as having nice views of the street and skyline.

 

Here'a a few more pics that I took of the ballpark and our Marlins for your enjoyment:

 

PANORAMIC PIC of the field (Click on thumbnail):

 

 

Minute Maid Park from the outside:

 

 

 

The sports bar across the street, packed with fans just before the game (wouldn't that be nice here in Fla.):

 

 

Marlins before game time...

 

 

 

 

The press was there in full force. Here they are mobbing Samson...

 

 

And Joe...

 

 

Minute Maid is full of cool joints. Check out the name on this one...

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5219/Adminsbigbamboo3jn.jpg

 

Pre-game celebrations were pretty cool. Astros fans were very excited about the unveiling of their Pennant. Here's the presentation of the flag just before the singing of the Anthem...

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/9384/usflag7gd.jpg

 

And finally here's Dontrelle on the mound, as seen from my seat in the upper deck:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/332/dontrelleonthemound5yw.jpg

 

That's all I have for now. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them.

 

Cheers!

Very nice pictures. It would be nice if the Fish had a park like that. I know we will someday. :pray

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

Oh and Admin's Big Bamboo.. Admin are you keeping something a secret? :mischief

dont you ever EVER take a picture of David Samson again! lol

 

nice pics though

Awesome pics man! Did you have your marlins gear on? How many stadiums have you been too? Ive been wanting to go to that one since it was built. Only have gotten to 2 so far (Tropicana Field and Turner Field) saw the fish play...

 

Great pics again, thanks for sharing! BTW, what kind of camera do you have?

  • Author

...

Oh and Admin's Big Bamboo.. Admin are you keeping something a secret? :mischief

 

I think Das owns that joint. He named it after his favorite thing in the whole world. :bandit

 

Did you have your marlins gear on? How many stadiums have you been too? Ive been wanting to go to that one since it was built. Only have gotten to 2 so far (Tropicana Field and Turner Field) saw the fish play...

 

Great pics again, thanks for sharing! BTW, what kind of camera do you have?

 

Yes, I wore my Marlins hat & grey Willis shirt. Wore a teal shirt on Saturday in Arlington.

 

I've been to 9 Major League stadiums* (but only attended games at 5) plus a bunch of Spring Training complexes.

 

My camera is a Canon PowerShot 440... I think.

 

 

* Not counting Hiram Bithorn in San Juan, pre-Expos.

We had fun indeed. The drive back to Dallas sucked but had to go to work in the morning.

 

Samson was a real a-hole dealing with the four Marlins fans in attendance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.