Smackdown Injuries

MrAndMrsFish

Batista suffered a torn tricep muscle working against Mark Henry at a Smackdown House Show on Sunday and was in route to Birmingham to meet with Dr. James Andrews. Source: PWInsider.com

Kid Cash, the cruiser champ, sufferd a broken arm working for the WWE developmental Deep South Wrestling

Two pretty bad injuries for an already weak Smackdown roster, especially Batista as we head into the Royal Rumble time

Have Batista come out on Smackdown, explain the injury, drop the belt.

Make the Royal Rumble for the title, explain if a Raw guy wins, he will go to Smackdown (to give the illusion a Raw guy may still win)

Have Orton win the Rumble and the title.

Batista can come back for a big feud with RKO for Summerslam, complete with "I never lost the title" plot.

Make the Royal Rumble for the title, explain if a Raw guy wins, he will go to Smackdown (to give the illusion a Raw guy may still win)

Batista can come back for a big feud with RKO for Summerslam, complete with "I never lost the title" plot.

That storyline sets up a good fued, but with Bastista as the heel and Orton as the face. I dont think WWE is ready to take such a dramatic turn, espicially when Orton's last WWE title run(complete with face turn)fell flat on its ass.

That storyline sets up a good fued, but with Bastista as the heel and Orton as the face. I dont think WWE is ready to take such a dramatic turn, espicially when Orton's last WWE title run(complete with face turn)fell flat on its ass.

Why would Batista have had to be the heel here?